Search results

1. D

Where did everybody go?

To make one of these truly quick takes a lot of effort and money, probably better served by a straight upgrade to something like a Fiesta ST (something I'm seriously eyeballing). That being said, it's easy to add a few HP with an off the shelf intake package and catback. I can even feel an...
  2. D

Started some work on my 2..."Molly"

While our 2's are front-heavy, the hood is so small that the weight loss doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd spend the money on a Dynotronics reflash. I used to have a carbon hood on, of all things, my '04 Subaru Baja Turbo. (Same fitment as US-spec '00-04 legacy/outback).
  3. D

Post Pics of your Mazda2 / Demio

Oh those look cool on our little cars. I love the 90's-ness. A similar style wouldn't be out of place on my 90's WRX clone. Very, very nice. Any idea what you're going to do for tires? I really wanted 16's for my '2 but couldn't find good tires in the size required. :-(
  4. D

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Bummer, but the OBXT is a good choice. I forbade myself from getting another Subaru as my daily...way too easy to start throwing parts on one from my wrx-and-a-half i have sitting in the garage. Both look good. The shift knob reminds me a little of Jurassic Park. :-)
  5. D

Started some work on my 2..."Molly"

Nice to see you chugging along on the project. These things are a blast to DD, and just as fun at autocross/track.
  6. D

Koni STR.T (orange) + Tein S-Tech = Are they a good combo?

Awesome, post pics once you get them!
  7. D

Post Pics of your Mazda2 / Demio

Damn, looking good. Are those 225s? And if so, what wheel width/offset is that? I really want 225's but I don't think I have enough clearance inboard up front.
  8. D

Koni STR.T (orange) + Tein S-Tech = Are they a good combo?

I haven't run the S-techs on these cars but have run them on a couple of different subarus. On those cars, they were too low for how soft they were. Fine on nice roads, but got some tire rub from not-very-aggressive fit tires/wheels on large bumps. They really beat up the shocks since the...
  9. D

2004 Mazda 2 Sport ODB II Error Codes

I'm not a pro mechanic, and my 2 is a newer generation. Is it possible that the ECU is Damaged? That's a lot of issues that seem not hugely related.
  10. D

Where did everybody go?

I love my "WRX"(a swapped Impreza L wagon), since the USA never got the 1st gen, it's a really unique car. But the 2 is fun in a whole different way. It feels like a reliable, FWD version of my old E30 318is. The itch is strong to 'upgrade' to a faster car, but My Poverty-Spec 2 is dead...
  11. D

Where did everybody go?

I'm still here, but more of a browser than a contributor. There's a huge crossover in the Subaru/Mazda owner's groups. It surprises me that the two companies haven't hooked up yet for a joint-developed project. I was looking at a 90, 91, and 94 Miata this week, but decided to throw the...
  12. D

Beam Axle Pivot Bush replacement - DE

Is it possible there's just some dust/dirt/rust where the pivot moves in the bushing? My 2 is 5 years newer so this is not an issue for me, but my beat-old subaru's had a number of noises that were fixed with a cleanup of the item/bushing and some new lubricant.
  13. D

Mazda2 reliability discussion. How is your Mazda2 holding up?

Update: Mileage - ~30,000 Daily Driver - Yes, 70%hwy, 6 days a week Race - Yes, autocrossed one full season in SCCA/FSP, 1 track weekend. Long road trips - Yes, did one 400 mile round-trip. Mods - Yes, 15x8 +38 wheels, 205-50-15 summer dunlops DZ102@34psi, GM rear torsion beam reinforcement...
  14. D

Mazda2 on One-Take

I was surprised he didn't spend more time laughing at the power level of the car. It is remarkably fun, and he does indeed 'get it'. I'm also surprised that Farah seemed to fit in it comfortably.
  15. D

AN7's Mazda2 1.5 Turbo - Build Log -

That is, if you'll pardon my language, s***-your-pants power in this little car. (eek) Awesome! Have you driven it on the street yet? Is all that power manageable? It's within spitting distance of my modded WRX which still terrifies me.
  16. D

MPG: The Secret to my Success.

I just checked in a whole bunch of backlogged fill-ups on my Fuelly account, so figured I'd contribute. The below includes my track weekend and a whole season of autocross. I also coach a sport part time so there are frequent short trips, and my car is filled with an extra 50-100lbs of...
  17. D

Lowering Springs and Adjustable Shocks/Struts or Coil-overs

At what level are you autocrossing? Local, regional, national? I autocross locally and DD mine on the Corksport setup, with dunlop direzza dz102s (read: not 'competitive' tires). If I ran in STF, I would've kicked major butt, but I was stuck in DSP due to my honesty (my wheels are 8" wide)...
  18. D

Mazdas247 Mazda of the Month | January

Congrats, a well-put-together package. I'm totally digging the side-exit exhaust too.
  19. D

Looking for Mazda 2, 2010 Spark Plugs.

you can check the NGK website and get the part number right from them. I've used the Iridium IX's in everything I've owned since they've been on the market.
  20. D

New Tune update...

That 0-60 is a huge improvement over stock. I'm sure your technique, tires, and suspension help too, but wow! If this wasn't my 'normal' car, I'd be beating down your tuner's door to get one for myself. I really like reading the process (thoughts, methods, and results) that you're using to...
Back