Recent content by Unobtanium

1. U

MotorTrend 2021 Toyota RAV4 or Mazda CX-5?

By the time I am ready to buy one, they will have the kinks worked out, if any, and it should be readily available.
  2. U

MotorTrend 2021 Toyota RAV4 or Mazda CX-5?

The RAV4 Prime is the only one I'd consider, and no lie, it's super appealing. I drive 35K miles per year, and it could really save me some money. Also, PEV just isn't there yet for range, for me. I will see what 2025-2026 bring, because that's when I presume I will retire my current CX5, all...
  3. U

Sport Mode...Again

It is my opinion that Sport Mode may well increase shift speed in these models. I'd be very curious to see what someone like Dave Coleman said about that.
  4. U

Mazda CX-5 Vs. Acura RDX

I punched it around a corner today. Flat out. I felt a clunk as the diff went solid, and it just hooked and went. Approached the corner at around 20ish, left it doing 35 accelerating hard. I could not ask for more honestly. It made use of every bit of power it had. I think the tq vector may...
  5. U

ICU Nurse (and 49 others) gifted a Mazda!

I'm just happy that many DoD companies/retailers have extended LE/MIL discounts to me, lol
  6. U

Off Topic Dumb things you've heard (any) dealer say

"Excuse me" as the sales rep at a GM dealership walked away from me to go talk to someone else on the lot, with no warning or rationale. I was 25, and this was about 10 years ago. I was shopping for my birthday present to me. I stood around for a bit thinking he just had to handle something...
  7. U

Off Topic So slow I'm ashamed...

I have one I think. Didn't like it. It’s sitting in the closet.
  8. U

Ended up going with the Acura RDX...

All I'm saying is a used low-mile GLC43 AMG/M40i/SQ5 comes in at around $40-45K...why people buy RDX's is beyond me :p
  9. U

Mazda CX-5 Vs. Acura RDX

Not really, my CX5 behaves very similar to my Jeep Grand Cherokee with HEMI regarding low traction surfaces, etc. and even dry weather. Both just hook and go, or will get sideways if you want to do crazy things in the rain/ice, lol. In snow and ice, the Mazda may actually be better than my...
  10. U

Mazda CX-5 Vs. Acura RDX

I've not experienced this. Just push the car harder and it digs in. I've done 4-wheel powerslides around corners before and it's very nicely executed in power deliver. Also, yes, Acuras system slips the tires first, too. I do like Acura's system better on paper, but I have yet to have a...
  11. U

Not as smooth as I thought

It very well could be the trash A36's on it. Mine were horrible. Vibrated pretty badly after 50-60mph when cold.
  12. U

CX5 just keeps getting faster with age....

Timing 20-80's.
  13. U

CX5 just keeps getting faster with age....

Tank to tank my testing shows t he vehicle instantly recognizes the octane.
  14. U

Your signature is actually faster than your RDX in every way. It just doesn't feel that way because your RDX had boatloads of lag and felt "peaky", while the CX5 has a ton of torque and instant power and just feels "flat". It's quicker to 60 and in the 1/4 mile and 30-50 and 50-70 though...
  15. U

I don't really view the RDX as its class leader. Performance is lacking compared to Mazda. Reliability is "meh". If money isn't a big deal, I'd say the M40i or GLC43 AMG would be the class leaders, but once you start tacking "money" into the equation, I automatically must say that reliability...