Recent content by TheBori

1. T

Cement!

I would not have thought something as mild as vinegar would help, but I followed your link and saw the poor guy who drove through wet cement...yikes! I don't feel too bad now. Thanks, I'll give it a go.
  2. T

Cement!

So I'm at the gas pump and, as is my habit, I do a walk around of the car just to see if anything is amiss. I see a whitish spot about the size of a dime on the hood. Thinking bird poop, I grab the conveniently located windshield washer stick and give it a a little rub. The a little more...
  3. TheBori Cement 2.jpg

TheBori Cement 2.jpg

4. TheBori Cement 1.jpg

TheBori Cement 1.jpg

5. T

Heated seats & heated steering wheel reset after restart

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but my '18 AWD Touring retains the seat heat settings from the previous drive. I found this out the hot way when I drove the car after my wife did. I found the seat heater was on 'broil'. I'd love to have the seat heating level reset (i.e. off) after the car is...
  6. T

Windshield Scratches after using ice scraper

Windshield scratches 2018 Touring: I too had windshield scratches after ice scraping. Dirt under the ice or not, my plastic scraper should not scratch glass. My scratches are low and in the middle, so I don't see them unless I look. Disappointing.
  7. T

Toyo A36

An argument with a pothole ended up with a sidewall tear, irreparable. I've got ~15k miles on the car and tires. DO I replace just the damaged tire, or should I replace a pair? I haven't measure the tread depth. Thanks.
  8. T

Not so bad after-all...

I've got an 18 Touring AWD and I'm getting 28 mpg mixed an 30.5 on the highway. I've got no complaints about that. As for pick-up...I hit Sport if I have to pull out into traffic in a hurry. I've owned 5 minivans (4 kids) and only traded one in (on the advice of my mechanic). The rest (and 2...
  9. T

Enable touchscreen while in motion *not a hack*

Can they at least allow the Command knob to do everything it does while stopped? I wanted to switch from intermittent wipers to rain sensing. While I could get to the menu, I had to stop in order to check the box. I didn't have to select from a list, or read anything...just text a box.
  10. T

2018 Touring Trim Level Owners: Beige vs Black Interior

I did the black leatherette in my '18 Touring. I'm not a fan of the "ageing process" of light colored interiors. While I make my best effort to keep the interior clean, invariably the edges and frequently-sat or slid-upon places get worn or stained into a different color. Black may shade to...
  11. T

New 2018 CX5 owner with a question!

Just got back from a 1500 drive (750 out, 750 back) and the ride was delightful. The reduction in road and wind noise was better than sliced bread. The only "complaint" I had was that the radar-cruise control would, as per design, maintain the gap to the car in front...slowing with the car in...
  12. T

Android Auto on Headunit: Where do you store/dock your phone?

Wait, wait, wait....You CAN use Android Auto?? I thought we were in a "waiting for Mazda to catch up to the rest of the civilized world" situation. Are you saying I can plug my phone into a USB (any? There are 2 in the console), fire up AA and use the Mazda screen? Surely you are using black...
  13. T

Uh oh - "Forward Collision Camera Malfunction"

Update: I've had it happen 6 times now (brand new 2018 purchased in March). Varying weather conditions...bright sun, overcast, during rain... Wiping doesn't help. In some cases off/on works, in some not. Dealer time.
  14. T

2018 Mazda CX-5 | OPEN/CLOSE windows/mirrors with FACTORY REMOTE

Not to hijack the thread, but it is a window thing. My 2007 Pacifica gave you ~30 sec after the car was turned off to put up/down windows, sunroof, etc. Essentially 30 sec of ACC time. It gave you the time to button-up if you forgot to close (or open) something.
  15. T

2017~2024 2018 System Errors Already

I've had the forward facing camera error 3 times now. All were cleared with a re-start. TimPro do you have anything that I can show my dealer? It would great to have a peremptory fix rather than waiting for a failure.
Back