Recent content by eyeballs

1. E

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Put mine up for sale today. It's planned replacement is an outback xt.
  2. E

ECU Relocation

Looks great without all that plastic!
  3. E

Koni STR.T (orange) + Tein S-Tech = Are they a good combo?

The bilstein coilovers that deadlydave mentioned are a fantastic bargain, and are what I run. But as far as just springs go, I think H&R is what you'd want. S-tech are basically just for looks.
  4. E

Where did everybody go?

I still love mine, but other than wanting the new conti extremes on it...I haven't needed to tinker with it. I've been trying to talk my wife into doing the scca targa event with me in it, but for some reason she hates it and wants to take our track focused miata instead. Mine has recently been...
  5. E

Mazda2 on One-Take

Thanks for posting that link. Good video, that guy gets it.
  6. E

flatlander937's Mazda2 build - SCCA STF / NASA NXF

Congrats on the new addiction. I can't get myself to push on track like at an autocross since there are too many walls and guardrails at the tracks I usually do. The upside is they are insanely fun with lots of elevation changes and blind corners. Oh...and (at least IMO) a miata is way more fun...
  7. E

SRI Install questions

Ecu tuning definitely gives the most noticeable improvement. It does take a bit of time to get the software set up in the beginning, but actual tuning process (datalogging and uploading new tune files) is easy. I had my car tuned by orange virus (ovtuned.com) and the results are outstanding...
  8. E

Hoping to join the Mazda2 Family!

Welcome to the club! Wailing on these cars in day to day driving is so much fun. My best mpg was 42 (in town, under 60 mph), but that was just one tank since that kind of driving is no fun. I haven't seen anything about seeing the actual tire pressure readouts using the existing sensors, though...
  9. E

yea, that's what I meant!
  10. E

Mazda2 Rocker Panels

Part number DR61-V4-910 from mazda. Should be easy to get as it's a OEM accessory here.
  11. E

OV tune review/report

Early last month I decided to get my car tuned through Matt at orange virus. Getting things set up in the beginning with the software and the tactrix cable took some time and back and forth emails (Matt's nearly instant email replies really helped prevent frustration here) until I successfully...
  12. E

2013 was when the aux audio port was added. That also may have been when production moved from japan to mexico.
  13. E

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Well that took awhile.
  14. E

Question about SRI & MAF sensor

I put a ton of miles on my CS intake, no CEL.
  15. E

brake pad/shoe reviews

Another stoptech update: I did a track night event at Atlanta Motorsports Park last week. Tires were 205 neogens. No brake ducting. 3 x 20 min sessions. Brakes were firm and predictable the whole time with no abs issues. Cornering grip was a different story, unfortunately. I guess you can't ask...
Back