Recent content by Danny Linguini

1. D

Mazda3 2.5T Poll: Are you going to buy a Mazda3 2.5 Turbo?

I’ve got a couple of years left on the lease on my ‘19 3 hatch to make up my mind. And I was really hoping the monthly on my next car would be less than this one. But I do really like this car, and I’ve been hoping for years for a turbo option, so at the moment I’m leaning heavily toward yes...
  2. D

Purchasing a 2020 3 Hatchback

Welcome to the forum! I believe all 3 trim levels have CD. But don’t let that be a deal-breaker. I’ve got a 2019 3 hatch, and I don’t even notice when CD comes on. The only way I know it’s doing anything different is by putting it on the display screen and see it. If no one ever told me about...
  3. D

Most egregious BS peddled by Dealer's service department

Well, gas prices are going up in some areas! :ROFLMAO: Seriously, that’s messed up. All of it. And just for comparison, my avg mileage has been hovering between 28.6-28.8. You definitely need to find another dealer.
  4. D

New Forum

Depends on the subject matter, whether it’s more social or subject-specific, and what alternative forums might be around to pick up the slack. And how much of a change there is from old format to new. This forum in its former state was pretty generic with not a lot of customizations or extra...
  5. D

New Forum

I don’t think you can change it yourself, at least you can’t on any of the other 8000 forums that have been converted to this platform. Every single one of them that I belong to lost features, in some cases MANY features, and on at least a few of them users are unhappy and flocking away in...
  6. D

2019-2020 Mazda3 RECALL for faulty Emergency Braking System

What was it Scotty said in one of the earlier Star Trek movies? The more you tax the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain. I hate all this technology they*re stuffing into these cars that most people never asked for or wanted, but some group of assholes who think they know more than...
  7. D

Just drove CX30 here in Sweden

Probably because the compact car segment in general is just fading away. I just bought a new 3 AWD and absolutely love it (local dealers don*t have the CX30 yet), but I*ve always preferred smaller cars anyway. Compact crossovers are pretty hot in the US right now. I had a CX5 before this because...
  8. D

Motor Week to Test Drive the Mazda 3

Motor Week episode 3916 will have a test drive of a new Mazda 3. Not sure when its going to air on Motor Trend tv, but it looks like it will be available on their web site starting 12/20. https://www.motorweek.org/about/upcoming_and_past_shows/ Should be interesting!
  9. D

Anybody with a 2019 AWD 3 hatch?

Got it. First drive home, love it. It's like the perfect driving, handling, comfort, quiet car for me. Bit of a change in the infotainment system from the CX-5 that's gonna take a little getting used to, and I haven't tried Apple Car Play yet (don't have a spare cable!), but absolutely nothing...
  10. D

I dont know about what they call this reliability thing how badly could they have mucked things up in just a couple of model years, especially when most of the reviews say its as good as the last gen? Anyway, it doesnt matter now I took the plunge. I test drive one (not the preferred hatch I...
  11. D

Going to take a look at - and hopefully test drive - a 19 hatchback AWD preferred. Before my current CX5, I had a 3 hatch that I really liked, but I needed AWD. Now I have a chance to grab a 3 with AWD and all the options I want, with $2k off MSRP, which seems like the best of all worlds. Only...
  12. D

Driving In Snow With AWD

First, I wouldn*t mess with traction control or manual shifting. Turning off traction control is good for FWD just to keep the wheels turning, but in my experience it*s not necessary with AWD. I live in the northeast and deal with snow every year. My driveway is fairly steep and is a pain in the...
  13. D

Sport Mode...Again

Up- and down-shift points are all at higher RPM*s in sport mode, which means it will stay in any gear longer before upshifting, and will downshift a little sooner. Also, because the engine is always revving higher, it will definitely feel more responsive. So no, it*s not just your imagination.
  14. D

MT likes CX-30 better than new Trailblazer

Well that was kind of a niche car. Not everybody wants (or can afford) all-out performance. But there*s no reason why they can*t offer punchier engine options in their other lines (and keep them affordable) to help bolster those sales. Everything is just so bland. Their idea of a sport package...
  15. D

MT likes CX-30 better than new Trailblazer

I just can*t understand why Chevy refuses to put anything remotely resembling performance in anything that isn*t badged a Corvette or Camaro. Even their *bigger* engine options are still crap. Not that Mazda screams performance, but at least they provide enough that everything in their lineup is...
Back