Recent content by COmtn

1. C

Fuel Pump Recall. Any done yet?

Had mine repaired on Wed. Took about an hour.
  2. C

My Mazda app "send to car" feature issue

Ladd is correct, there is no Maps icon in MyMazda: latest version 7.2.2, 14.5, iPhone 12 Pro. Only a pin for dealer search.
  3. C

Tear in seat...Repair options?

Just discovered 1" slit in my rear passenger seat. No idea when it happened but must have set something with a sharp corner on it. What is my best option for repair?
  4. IMG_6499.JPG

IMG_6499.JPG

5. C

Dead Key Fob

Just push Start. That suspend bug would be annoying. If someone breaks into our garage to steal the car, they will have a very bad day.
  6. C

Dead Key Fob

Confirmed. Just changed mine since I have lots of 2032 because it's used by many devices. Car was occasionally giving me a low battery alert. Original battery is probably only 18 months old but I leave the fob in the car at home. After the swap, the old battery tests at 2.97v so plenty of...
  7. C

2017~2024 Wind noise vibration on new 2019 GT

Order a set of side window deflectors.
  8. C

Tech Question - Passenger Airbag Light

The seat uses a heat sensor, not weight, to determine if someone is there.
  9. C

Mazda Ranked Highly by CR

Actually, CR gives the 2018 CX-5 their highest rating for reliability. It ties the 2018 Subaru Forester for reliability, is just a bit below the 2018 RAV4, and way better than the Hyundai Tucson. Owner satisfaction is way higher than the RAV4 and nearly the same as the Forester.
  10. C

Wiper Blades

Some real testing from a great YT channel. https://youtu.be/-jQs3OI6Gvo
  11. C

Winter/Snow tires

Swapping out the all-seasons for my DM-V2 wheel set today. First big storm of the year arrives Wednesday evening. Changing wheels on the CX-5 is easy compared to the F-150...those things are HEAVY.
  12. C

95 Octane Only

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating You use RON, we combine RON and WON which drops the number about 5 points. But the gas is essentially the same. Here in Colorado, our regular gas is 85 and it's fine unless you drive to a much lower altitude (not possible in one tank). 87 is our...
  13. C

Mystery found under engine

That's a port for the turbo encabulator.
  14. C

95 Octane Only

Different scales. Your 95 would be 90 in the US.
  15. C

Getting Used To Automatic

The Mazda transmission is pretty great in most conditions. But it can't handle my road; tight and twisty with a lot of elevation gain. There's a 1.5 mile section on the climb that I have to shift into M2, otherwise it's just hunting for the right gear. My 1985 380SL Benz handles this section...
Back