Recent content by bachman

1. B

Infotainment Screen cracking (spider cracks)

Gather info on cases they covered it, document it and threaten a class action move. They can't be hodge podge about things like this. My dealer called and left a vm this morning my part is in. I'll be happy if all goes well but.... Had I not purchased an ext warranty, it sounds like this...
  2. B

Infotainment Screen cracking (spider cracks)

Thanks all for posting this info and keeping it updated. My 2016 purchased new with just over 40k and having my optional 10 yr / 100k coverage has this going on. Before going in to sched my LOF, I was looking to see what I might find out preemptive. This is always how I handle car issues...
  3. B

2016+ CX-9 Owners - Have you replaced your battery yet?

2016 CX9 at 35,000 miles; Purchased "new" and full warranty as mgr demo at 4800 miles. Battery still OEM but not sure how it tests. I will have dealer LOF and checkpoints this week and can update. I've been known to tender the battery of my two cars with a cheapy Harbor Freight motorcycle...
  4. B

Tire replacement recommendation (current generation CX-9)

Sometimes, a tire is just a good match to specific cars. I think you can still shop opinions and driver experience for tires by the car make and model on tirerack.com. If on the fence about a few tires, look at climate and state reporting driver resides, is it a sporty car and driving style...
  5. B

Good point, they like to sell what's in stock. I had researched sizes and that Pirelli is available in that odd OEM size but maybe not locally handy. I was happy if talked into the up size in this case and it saved me from having to ask. I wouldn't argue a heavier plus size might wash the eco...
  6. B

I was scouring the options for tires too. We have a '16 with 22,100 and the OEM Yokohama were still showing some gap to the wear bars but almost unlivable noise and loss of ride compliance. Also, too much loss of traction to be worth anything in the last few late snows or slushy stuff. I moved...
  7. B

2016+ CX-9 Owners - Have you replaced your battery yet?

Still the orig battery in our '16 with 22,000 miles. *That is some fascinating behind the scenes info PT brought to the forums! I second the thanks as well. I don't know a lot of the "system" but regularly see auto stores mis-diagnosing battery or alternator issues. I say see but meant to say...
  8. B

I know not what I have -

Thanks for the follow-up. (drinks) That link to the brochure is perfect and it is exactly as you describe .... Touring with Convenience package. I'm in the U.S. Still loving this thing, about 70% done with a new coat of wax on it. Beltline up on the sides, hood and roof also done. I spent some...
  9. B

I know not what I have -

Trying to keep this brief - Always been a bit of a car guy and knowing exactly what I want or researching every last detail. Consequently, these points below are somewhat embarrassing although I rarely drive the CX-9 so it's still kind of new to me after 2 years. A few years ago, I wanted my...
  10. B

Differential fluid change?

I'd have thought the maint part of the OM lists those things as time or mileage intervals and at least you can verify it agrees or not with what they tell you. My guess is 60k to 100 on many of the newer cars. For warranty purposes, I like things stamped by the dealer as designated by the rule...
  11. B

AWD compared

Quote Originally Posted by theplayer11 View Post someone needs to teach that Mazda guy how to drive..not sure who was more at fault, the car or the driver. Quote Originally Posted by JT2 View Post I might believe the results if they had switched drivers and had all the drivers drive...
  12. B

AWD compared

Difficult to decipher real-world or meaningful results except for a contest involving muddy, rainy, uneven ground hill climbs confusing things with variables of tires, driving styles, speed / momentum of attack etc... Even wheelbase / weight distribution of each will factor in. With average or...
  13. B

30mm Spacers on 2017 CX-9 GT AWD

Nice job on the spacers and the info related. Your ride looks extra sweet with that change and I may do the spacer trick on my Vdub sportwagen. Per my wife's CX-9, I may research the tire sizes to go slightly taller on her 18's. The wheel well looks too big or tires too small. Part of my...
  14. B

How many miles before you replaced your original tires?

Guessing we are around 22,000 miles on our 2016 CX-9 with OEM Geolandar 18's. Not impressed enough with any characteristics to put another set on but alignment must be good and I'm on top of tire pressure and getting life and even wear out of tires so no negligence anyways. :D Wear bars are...
  15. B

What have you done to your CX-9 today?

+ The Geolandar tires were not a favorite but came on our 2016 Touring. I had them on a 2002 Tribute too and didn't find them impressive in any particular category so your impressions sound in line with what I'd expect. Our Soul Red was a purchase almost a year ago (now around 10k miles on...
Back