Fuel Pump Recall. Any done yet?

Ours goes under the knife today! :(
Will report back how it goes and if I notice anything different after its done.
Hope they don't screw something up.

In progress as we speak, along with the damn cylinder head replacement :( Should have it back in a day or two

Update: Recall done for the fuel pump. They had our CX5 for 2 hrs. Parts were the fuel pump and a gasket. Very slight fuel smell when we picked up the car but gone after a minute of driving. Car drives the same as before, no change. So, it seems all is ok.....so far!

Have our 18 cx5 in today for the recall. Dealer calls and provides a long list of services the car needs “immediately”

fuel injector service $240
brake fluid $125 (bs we did it last year)
drive belt - $280, car only has 22k miles, more bs. They sent a pic, looks fine.
alignment $125 - bs, car drives straight
Oil change - done two weeks ago. They claimed monitor wasn’t reset, but it was.

surprised they didn’t say battery since it’s 4 years old, likely because they’d be on the hook for some it.

What gives them the right to look under the hood? I didn’t authorize it.

f’in hate dealers. If it wasn’t for recalls, my car would never seen the inside of a dealer.

Have our 18 cx5 in today for the recall. Dealer calls and provides a long list of services the car needs “immediately”

fuel injector service $240
brake fluid $125 (bs we did it last year)
drive belt - $280, car only has 22k miles, more bs. They sent a pic, looks fine.
alignment $125 - bs, car drives straight
Oil change - done two weeks ago. They claimed monitor wasn’t reset, but it was.

surprised they didn’t say battery since it’s 4 years old, likely because they’d be on the hook for some it.

What gives them the right to look under the hood? I didn’t authorize it.

f’in hate dealers. If it wasn’t for recalls, my car would never seen the inside of a dealer.
That's a whole lot of bs services they are looking to gouge you on. The thing that gets me is the lack of communication or competence between the techs and the service advisors. How the f*** do you not see in the notes that the brake fluid and oil changes were done recently and then suggest it again.

I think when you initial and sign the work order, you're essentially giving them some green light to snoop around.

That's a whole lot of bs services they are looking to gouge you on. The thing that gets me is the lack of communication or competence between the techs and the service advisors. How the f*** do you not see in the notes that the brake fluid and oil changes were done recently and then suggest it again.

I think when you initial and sign the work order, you're essentially giving them some green light to snoop around.
I may not have been clear, I did the brake fluid and oil change myself so they would not have known. they tried to claim the oil maintenance minder said it needed to be done, yet it reads 7300 miles (I reset it to 7500 miles two weeks ago). No way they pulled an injector to determine if they needed cleaning and the car only has 22k miles, more bs, And I never signed anything, made the appointment over the phone, dropped the key and car off last night. They should not have any right to do an inspection or touch anything else. The whole thing is a big scam, selling unnecessary services. I’m sure lots of people fall for it, scare tactics as the service was bolded in red saying NEEDS IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.

I may not have been clear, I did the brake fluid and oil change myself so they would not have known. they tried to claim the oil maintenance minder said it needed to be done, yet it reads 7300 miles (I reset it to 7500 miles two weeks ago). No way they pulled an injector to determine if they needed cleaning and the car only has 22k miles, more bs, And I never signed anything, made the appointment over the phone, dropped the key and car off last night. They should not have any right to do an inspection or touch anything else. The whole thing is a big scam, selling unnecessary services. I’m sure lots of people fall for it, scare tactics as the service was bolded in red saying NEEDS IMMEDIATE ATTENTION.

What makes you think that they inspected anything, anything at all?

My guess is that they did the recall and that was it, they never took a look at anything else. They then compiled a list of rip offs and BS items that they hoped you would fall for.

Name of dealer?

Oh no doubt people fall for it all the time; otherwise, I feel they wouldn't do it. At bare minimum, people really should at the very least look at the scheduled maintenance of their vehicles to see what services are "required".

Oh, interesting. I can't remember the last time I've dropped the car off at the dealer where I didn't have to initial/sign a work order; even recalls.

What makes you think that they inspected anything, anything at all?

My guess is that they did the recall and that was it, they never took a look at anything else. They then compiled a list of rip offs and BS items that they hoped you would fall for.

Name of dealer?
Absolutely agree. Hell even when they do "inspect" they take shortcuts (i.e. tire tread measurements). They definitely don't check all of the fluids as I've seen on a couple of occasions where they said they check all fluids, but the anti-freeze was below the L mark in the overflow.

Please let’s keep this topic on topic. :)

Any rants for dealership tactics can go in separate threads. Otherwise it gets challenging finding the right stuff in the thread whch is for the fuel pump recall and work/outcome.

Please let’s keep this topic on topic. :)

Any rants for dealership tactics can go in separate threads. Otherwise it gets challenging finding the right stuff in the thread whch is for the fuel pump recall and work/outcome.
I think it’s somewhat relevant. Car goes in for fuel pump replacement, dealer comes back with long, expensive and unnecessary list of items that need immediate attention. Beware.

btw, fuel pump replacement took about an hour for them to compete. Car smelled a little like gas when we got it back, but not too bad, otherwise, seems normal.

I called and scheduled an appointment for the fuel pump today. December 7th was the earliest appointment. I waited for the cool weather, I didn't expect to go in the freezing weather lol

dont forget to go in with less than half of fuel tank (1/3 or less is best) l. Makes it easier for the tech.
otherwise its messy and they have to syphon some fuel out if its a full tank.

Did your mileage go down after the recall was done? I read that it's a problem for Toyota owners who had the same type of recall done.

Back