2013~2016 Mazda CX-5 Rims upsizing

Hey mazda crew, I wanna get some 20 inch rims on my Mazda CX-5 2015 for the summer in canada Montreal to be exact but we got some bad roads here and I wanna know if anyone can give me some insight about what tire size is best I know 245/45/20 is recommended but I’m wondering if 235/50/20 is okay too or even 245/50/20. I’m trying to not get any rubbing. Hence, me trying to get a lil bit more rubber on the sidewalls without lowering the rim size.
Also, if anyone is running 245/45/20 has anyone ever encountered a bent rim due to a pothole or any form of road damage done to their rims and tires?
I need HELP please! 🙏🏼

www.wheel-size.com

That tire calculator lets you plug in your OEM wheel and tire setup as well as your proposed wheel and tire setup. You can then confirm what exactly would change and by how much. It covers a ton of variables, and it's pretty easy to use.

As far as bending/damaging rims due to road hazards goes, it will depend not only on sidewall thickness, but also the quality of the rims you plan to get. At the end of the day, almost any wheel on any tire setup can bend/crack. The chances are just lower with taller sidewalls.

www.wheel-size.com

That tire calculator lets you plug in your OEM wheel and tire setup as well as your proposed wheel and tire setup. You can then confirm what exactly would change and by how much. It covers a ton of variables, and it's pretty easy to use.

As far as bending/damaging rims due to road hazards goes, it will depend not only on sidewall thickness, but also the quality of the rims you plan to get. At the end of the day, almost any wheel on any tire setup can bend/crack. The chances are just lower with taller sidewalls.
Thanks for the link I’ve checked it before I did a lot of research like a lot! but now I just hope I can get some feed back on pothole damage because I was planning on getting some TSW rims

Back