Mazda CX5 Cargo Storage Shelf (2018-2021)

Has anyone able to get their hands on Mazda's new cargo storage shelf (0000-8B-R25)? I just came across this item on Mazdaswag and was curious how it functioned and its capacity.

2bed846c96fb210ed5567ec172e864c6.jpeg

1635226904217.jpeg

This popsup in google although your picture is a bit different. Seems a new item but its quite clever and useful design.

Has anyone able to get their hands on Mazda's new cargo storage shelf (0000-8B-R25)? I just came across this item on Mazdaswag and was curious how it functioned and its capacity
I had basically a similar item I purchased for my 2011 Golf TDI (may even still be somewhere in my garage). I found it to be very useful. I will have to look into this for my CX-5 GTR.

I like that! I'd be interested in one of these for my 2016.5. I just looked, and it seems that I'm out of luck.

View attachment 304186

This popsup in google although your picture is a bit different. Seems a new item but its quite clever and useful design.
I see the same thing if I google that part number the OP included. I also printed the installation instructions on Mazdaswag website. The OP picture is what's included in the installation instructions & has a zippered cover. Other Mazda websites show the above red picture which is actually of a similar shelf for a Mazda3 I believe but listed under part 0000-8B-R25. So OP picture looks to be the correct one for that part number.

I like it, but I put our garbage can in the back each week to make the 1/4 mile trip to the collection point for our rural neighborhood.

Well, I decided to be the guinea pig and ordered one. I can follow up with my review if anyone's interested.

I think we would absolutely be interested in a review. Would be nice if the shelf can be easily removed/attached in case you needed to load taller items.

I was trying to google that tray and had trouble finding it other than MazdaSwag. Is Mazdaswag the only place it's found?

There are several other places that lists this item such as Tascaparts and simliar websites. I opted to purchase from mazdapartsconnect for lower shipping costs.

^^^^ One dealer in Canada has it listed for $469.47 Cdn!

Looks interesting. From the picture on bamwholesale it looks like the cargo cover still can be used. Let's hope that is the case. Wonder how deep it is, didn't see any measurements.

Looks interesting. From the picture on bamwholesale it looks like the cargo cover still can be used. Let's hope that is the case. Wonder how deep it is, didn't see any measurements.
As I mentioned above, it appears the pictures for the shelf are incorrect on all the parts sites other than Mazdaswag, which is what the OP included. Mazdaswag also has a pdf of the installation instructions which gives better info on installing & removing the shelf.

The picture shown on the other sites is of a similar but different shelf for a Mazda 3. They have the correct part number for the CX-5 version but the wrong picture. I came across a YouTube video which corresponds to the Mazda 3 version & the shelf & installation are different. The CX-5 version has a zippered cover but from the instructions it does appear you can still use the cargo cover. The CX-5 version looks to sit a little lower than the Mazda 3 version.

In the OP picture you can see the mounting bracket for the cargo cover, which plies both can be used simultaneously. It would make sense that Mazda would design it that way.

Can't wait to hear the review!

Maybe a call to my local dealer is in order to see if they have one in stock to look at. It would be a useful accessory.

BamWholesaleparts.com has somewhat lower price . . .

For over $200, I'll pass.
There always a more value option approach.

People nowadays buy paint buckets and trays at home Depot for $$$. We still use coffee cans and peanut butter jars. People buy all kinda plastic storage bins...to store their nails and screws in.... We still use pickle gherkins jars.

Over $200 for a thin piece of plastic???

Go to Ollie's, get yourself a good heavy duty black plastic shelf unit for $ 30 and slap it in there ... Make sure you get a small/slim one. If you get the right size, it should fit snug and not move around much . then, use bungee cords or think up some other way to hold it in place.

And if you need more of a tray, just turn the storage unit upside down.

If more people used no nonsense options instead of paying outrageous $$$, maybe manufacturers would start selling these things for a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Back