More rumors about future Mazda products - 2022 and beyond

Lol I'm sure we would all love a Vision Coupe in the garage 👍

Lol I'm sure we would all love a Vision Coupe in the garage 👍
Absolutely!

If you put Maserati badges on it and told me it's the new GranTurismo, I'd believe it.

Looking forward to seeing how much rubs off on the next Mazda(rati)6! :D

You may have missed the conversation about the next generation hybrid Miata, which could be an interesting premise.

You may have missed the conversation about the next generation hybrid Miata, which could be an interesting premise.

When in the video is it mentioned? I tried to skim through it at work and couldn't find anything. Some video snippets of a new Mazda are shown in the last clip, starting at the 34:50 mark. The last clip actually starts at around the 32 minute mark, but it's just a lot of marketing speak.

There was a summary article in Automotive News:

- $10.6 billion dollar investment through 2030
- EV production in North America maybe in 2026-7, depends on how tax credits work out
- Battery partnership with Envision AESC Group, a Chinese-owned battery maker
- New hybrid system coming
- Lots of partnerships with other Japanese companies (Rohm, MHHO, Imasen) for motors, electronics, etc.
- Hybrid CX-50 on the way, made in Alabama

The reason given for the big investment is that Mazda thinks the transition to electric will be further along by 2030 (up to 40% of their sales) than they originally predicted in 2018-19 (less than 25%) and needs to catch up. They still see a future for ICE powered vehicles but what the mix will be is not clear.

No mention of Toyota technology was made.

It wasn't noted in this video, but was in a couple other articles that recently released. Sounds like the next generation will have a couple major changes for the brand

Back