2017~2024 Suma Performance Side Mirrors for CX-5 Possible

MODERATOR:

Last night I posted on the CX-9 side, the same wording as the one I posted just above this post.

I checked and it is not there. Is it possible that the CX-9 moderator just isn't interested in his followers having the same opportunity to get a set of the Suma Performance mirrors?

Or, maybe my post was moved to another spot on their forum. I didn't find it any where else but I thought the right place should be in the Accessories section which is where I posted it.

Oh well, I'm not going to worry about it. Hopefully it will work out for those of us who are interested.

I can do without the mirrors but would rather not have to since they are a really great piece of safety equipment.

Everyone here knows what has to be done and who to contact.

Communication with Eddy seems to be quick. He is indicating the low barrier for "interest" to proceed with a batch run is 15 sets. I count 7 interested persons currently.

1. David Paul
2. sm1ke
3. Mantra 7
4. CX5_Driver
5. ilal2ielli
6. CRAYONSEED
7. Buzzard

MODERATOR:

Last night I posted on the CX-9 side, the same wording as the one I posted just above this post.

I checked and it is not there. Is it possible that the CX-9 moderator just isn't interested in his followers having the same opportunity to get a set of the Suma Performance mirrors?

You should have received a notification explaining why the thread was deleted. In this case, it's because it was redundant (a thread regarding these mirrors has already been created in the CX-9 subforum, and refers interested members to this thread).

Communication with Eddy seems to be quick. He is indicating the low barrier for "interest" to proceed with a batch run is 15 sets. I count 7 interested persons currently.

1. David Paul
2. sm1ke
3. Mantra 7
4. CX5_Driver
5. ilal2ielli
6. CRAYONSEED
7. Buzzard

Yes, I sent him an email on Saturday and he replied last night.

As @David Paul mentioned in this post, please email Eddy directly to show your interest. The list we have here only includes forum members.

You should have received a notification explaining why the thread was deleted. In this case, it's because it was redundant (a thread regarding these mirrors has already been created in the CX-9 subforum, and refers interested members to this thread).

Okay, I understand. However, I didn't get a notification but that's fine.

Hopefully we will get the necessary minimum to get this production of mirrors going.

I haven't talked with Eddy for a while but as long as everyone who is interested is contacting him directly, there should be no confusion on his part, which is what's important.

Okay, I understand. However, I didn't get a notification but that's fine.

Hopefully we will get the necessary minimum to get this production of mirrors going.

I haven't talked with Eddy for a while but as long as everyone who is interested is contacting him directly, there should be no confusion on his part, which is what's important.

I agree. When I emailed him, he asked me if I knew how many people were interested, and I referred him to this thread. I also sent him links to a few CX-5 Facebook groups and advised him to put feelers out in those groups, but I'm not sure if "Gauging Interest" posts are welcome over there. I'm not a member of any FB groups, but if anyone here is a part of a CX-5 FB group, you'd be doing us a favour by giving them a heads up about this opportunity and asking them to email Eddy directly to show their interest.

To me fielding, sorting and tracking a bunch of interest emails would be maddening. But who am I to tell Eddy how to run a business. I would think a simple form on the website to shove data into a database would be the preferred method. I'll sit over here and watch my inbox for the email that states "ready for pre-orders for your interest in Mazda CX-5 / CX-9 mirrors".

Side note, if anyone is looking into gathering interest or feedback on a topic here are some resources to consider. Then it is simply pointing people from forums / facebook groups / other social media to the data collection for a period of time and getting manageable and usable data back.

Google forms

Survey Monkey

Jot Form

Lime Survey

Last edited:
For those who are fence sitting, new owners or just joined this forum, please read this thread. It may save your life but will definitely make your driving more relaxing and safer.

Including this forum as well as the C-X 9 forum, I think we have about 9 commitments so far.

We need 15 at a minimum for Eddy to give the go ahead for production.

These are made of flat, non glare blue tinted glass, very wide angle viewing and will include all of your OEM options such as Defrost and Blind Spot Monitoring.

I am very spoiled with having them on my ND, MX-5 and my wife and I really want them for our CX-5.

They will fit all second generation CX-5 and second generation CX-9 vehicles.

Let's get this going!

Enhance your driving performance – Suma Performance

Last edited:
For ALL Suma Performance Mirror Inquires, Info Regarding Pre-Paids, Etc.....

I think it would be best to contact Eddy at the following address. Be sure to tell him you are a member of the Mazda247 forum.

support@sumaperformance.com

Since this is his business, he is the one who is best equipped to organize this buy.

Keeping as few middle men/women out of this potential sale will make this process so much more efficient.

It might also be a good idea if you leave your name and email address with him so that he can inform us individually as to the status of availability and pricing. Also, you can include in your post to him any questions you have about the products.

Right now, it's just a matter of getting enough of us to commit, which is the most important first step. Again, This should be in the hands of Eddy since he is the one who is going to make arrangements for manufacturing.
Is there anyone interested in these outside rearview mirrors who hasn't responded to Eddy at Suma Performance yet?

I have been using them on my MX-5 for quite a long time and they are fabulous. They work with all possible options that you currently have with your OEM mirrors.

Remember, this special run will fit the 2017+, CX-5

support@sumaperformance.com

There is a company called Suma Performance that among other things, have fantastic, direct replacement mirror glass for the outside left and right mirrors.

These do not replace the entire mirror, just the mirror glass and its base. It is a direct replacement for the OEM glass and is an easy mod to do. You just pull the current mirror glass off and push the new one on. They are a ball and socket fit just like the OEM glass is.

I purchased these and installed them on my 2016 MX-5 about a year ago and they are fantastic. BTW, I am not affiliated with this company. I am just trying to get them available for our CX-5 models, 2017+, I don't know if the mirror shapes are the same on any older models.

The direct mirror replacements are one of the best add-ons I have done for my MX-5 as far as safety and convenience. My wife is the primary driver of our CX-5 and has really wanted them ever since seeing and experiencing them on my MX-5.

If we can get enough people interested in these, Suma Performance will have them manufactured for our vehicles. I believe the owner of the company, Eddy, said that if we can get at least 15 pre orders, it would be good to go for them. Take a look at their web site and decide for yourself if this is something you'd like.

I don't know what the price would be for us but I assume they would be not much different from their current mirrors for other models. Again, if interested, take a look at their web site. Their service is top notch as is the quality of these mirrors.

If anyone has questions regarding these, you can either ask them directly or ask me, even though I can't speak for the company. I just want to be a customer for the second time with my other vehicle.

The opportunity has finally arrived. According to Eddy at Suma Performance, they now have enough interest and are taking Pre-orders. If anyone was contemplating these great OEM mirror glass replacements, now is the time to act.

There will be a limited run of these and of course, they will include heating and blind side monitoring, unless you choose not to have those options. Automatic dimming is built in, so both sides have it. The glass is tinted a very light blue that gives perfect vision during the day as well as at night with no headlight glare. Their feature works much better than the auto dimming that the OEM mirrors currently have on the driver's side only.

the official pre-order is up!
Suma Performance says: Pre-order now until January 29. Expected deliveries are in late March to early April.

GO GO GO (link updated)

Last edited:
Your link goes to a “preview” version of their store which does not allow checkout. This link should work (not trying to steal your thunder, promise!):

Your link goes to a “preview” version of their store which does not allow checkout. This link should work (not trying to steal your thunder, promise!):

Yep that is the link Eddy provided and said share it.

He recently updated the link to (as @Candurin posted):

Got mine coming!

I sent an email to the sales email you provided. I requested a version of the mirror that has 1. BSM, 2. Heater and 3. Turn signals.

They would be easy enough to wire in for those trims that have integrated turn signals already in the front of the mirror housing.

Candurin,

The CX-5 does not have the turn signals in the glass. If you wire your turn signals into their glass, you will defeat the purpose of the BSM lights.

The Suma Performance, wide angle mirrors, do not have turn signals in their glass. They only have the BSM lights and of course the Heaters.

They are tinted Blue to eliminate glare at night and are wide angle.

They work perfectly for what they are designed for.

I just watched a bunch of YouTube videos with turn signals in the suma glass. My cx-5 has the turn signal lights in the housing of the mirror.

Got mine coming!

Me too!

@Candurin, I contacted Eddy early on explaining that my purchase hinged on him producing mirrors that could accommodate my oem heat and bsm. I included a picture showing the turn signal location and his response was it would not be a problem.

Last edited:
Candurin,

I'm just telling you that the CX-5 turn signal is not in the glass, it's in the body of the mirror.

So yes, getting a Suma Performance mirror will not eliminate your turn signal in the body of the mirror. It will still be there.

If you would have gone to his order page, you would have seen that the mirror includes Heat and Blind Side Monitoring. Plus, I have been saying this all along, ever since I started this thread back in October.

This purchase only includes the glass and the mounting sockets, attached to the back of the glass, in addition to the necessary wires to hook up the Defroster and BSM. You will still use your original mirror housing, which includes your turn signals.

Back