2017 CX5 Touring AWD

Of course, just to throw a wrench into thing, it depends on where the OP is. The adaptive lights are different in the US where we got a swivel type compared to the separate led configuration that is available most everywhere else.

More observations on the 2017 vs 2016:

The seat heaters on the 2017 work A LOT better than the 2016. They get hotter and faster heat.

The 2017 feels a little more less "sporty" than the 2016. The 2017 feels a little more disconnected, not bad, just a little less zoom zoomy vs the 2016.

While I never sat in a 16, I find our 17 heated seats heat up quickly and work quite well. Same with the steering wheel though it is set to a timer or the temp setting as it will turn off at a certain point then cycle on and off.

While I never sat in a 16, I find our 17 heated seats heat up quickly and work quite well. Same with the steering wheel though it is set to a timer or the temp setting as it will turn off at a certain point then cycle on and off.

If I am not mistaken, the vehicle doesn't remember it being on when you start it up unlike the seats which always are on unless you turn them off

More observations on the 2017 vs 2016:

The seat heaters on the 2017 work A LOT better than the 2016. They get hotter and faster heat.

The 2017 feels a little more less "sporty" than the 2016. The 2017 feels a little more disconnected, not bad, just a little less zoom zoomy vs the 2016.

Glad about seat heaters, sad about little less zoom zoomy..what about seats themselves?

I didn't see any improvement in light levels either coming from a 2013 with Zeon's to a 2015 with LEDs.
I'm finding your observations interesting, keep them coming.

I noticed the LED lights on the 2017 are different than the lights on the 2016. The 2016's seemed a little brighter but the 2017 I have doesn't have the fogs but I am sure it's more than that.

Glad about seat heaters, sad about little less zoom zoomy..what about seats themselves?

The seats feel more supporting than the 2016 model. The seat heaters are much better on the 2017+ model. On top setting it actually gets really hot, have to go to the medium setting. The heat up fast.

On the Touring model, the side mirror amber turn signals are LED, which is a nice touch since they are crisp and bright.

Been that way since previous model. Only changed design/style this time

Latest posts

Back