What have you done to your MSP today?

I agree, I think that's what they mean by 'extra load plate'. I asked if the lesser clutch would be enough and he said a lot of people run them, but some Mazdaspeed guys want the heavier duty clutch... I may just give it a shot, honestly 340 should be plenty. Or I could order a Southbend for this car and put the stage 2+ in 1574. Plan now is to put the stock clutch out of 1345 in 1574, I think it will hold whatever power the car is putting down.

I finally had the time to dig into the timing belt issue. The guide plate was left off when the engine was built which is why the belt walked off and ate the covers. The tensioner spring was collateral damage in the mess so a new belt is on, but now I have to wait for a new tensioner spring to come in.

I finally had the time to dig into the timing belt issue. The guide plate was left off when the engine was built which is why the belt walked off and ate the covers. The tensioner spring was collateral damage in the mess so a new belt is on, but now I have to wait for a new tensioner spring to come in.
I've been having misfire issues. Timing was off gates tensioner was frozen with no tension springs was toast. Ended up with the whole time and kit it was cheaper I'm just the tensioner pulley and spring.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

My tensioner is tip-top with less than 400 miles on it and I found the spring for $5 on amazon. Now its just a prime order away from being on the car.

My suspension is still making noises. Mostly on uneven ground at low speed, like through a bad neighborhood with bad pavement. It sounds like worn out bushings or something. Its no where near as loud as the clunk. I have replaced both lower control arms/bushings/ball joint. I'm not really sure what it is. Finding noises is a b****. I am wondering if its the shock/strut mount.. or maybe the tie rods? Any ideas/similar situations?

Endlinks in the back? Bushings in the back? Possibke strut mounts but check the easier to get to stuff for play.

tonight i pull out turbo mani assembly. i forgot to put the coolant banjo bolt thingy on. had everything on ready to fire it up, then look down to see empty bolt hole. fail....

Endlinks in the back? Bushings in the back? Possibke strut mounts but check the easier to get to stuff for play.

It's probably the strut mounts, they make a popping kind of sound over bumps

I've replaced:

Sway bar brackets (clunk fix/relocation)
Rear end links
Front control arms (bushings/ball joints)

Planning:
Megan rear trailing arms (1st)
Megan rear control arms (at some point)
Lowering springs

I'm getting these sounds on all 4 corners, but a little more in the front. That's why i was thinking it might be the mounts. I need to get lowering springs so I have a reason to go in there.. I remember my Tercel doing wonky s*** like this before I replaced my shocks/struts/mounts/springs.

Last edited:
My suspension is still making noises. Mostly on uneven ground at low speed, like through a bad neighborhood with bad pavement. It sounds like worn out bushings or something. Its no where near as loud as the clunk. I have replaced both lower control arms/bushings/ball joint. I'm not really sure what it is. Finding noises is a b****. I am wondering if its the shock/strut mount.. or maybe the tie rods? Any ideas/similar situations?

Front end links okay? Disconnect your end links and drive over terrain you described. Make sure they're secured away as well as the bar. That will isolate them.Also turn the wheel out of the way and yank back and forth on the end link. Just a couple of ways to help identify suspension noises. Also, look for witness marks where two components are contacting that shouldn't be. You should be able to have someone bounce each corner of the car to help isolate noises while you're listening and/or placing your hand on components to identify excessive play. Spraying one component at a time with penetrating oil will also help find suspension noises. Just some ways that may help you identify the noise.

I'll check them. I gotta get under there. Last time I was under the car I didn't see any witness marks, but I'll double check. Gut instinct is the shock mounts, but I might be wrong. Endlinks would be cheaper, but it wouldn't explain the noises coming from the back (its not the sway bar) Maybe its a combination of more than 1 thing.

Noted. Its more in the front though. I did just replace the rear motor mount, so I am wondering if the problem is only manifesting now that things are stiffer...

sucks chasing down stuff like that. you'll eventually find it and it'll be real stupid lol.

got the car back from having my haltech installed.

335whp 350tq on the mustang dyno for the first go around, will be heading back after a few days of driving to have the tune cleaned up so I will be getting a more of it too.

Best part for me is clean stock exhaust look and sound, just deleted both cats.

got the car back from having my haltech installed.

335whp 350tq on the mustang dyno for the first go around, will be heading back after a few days of driving to have the tune cleaned up so I will be getting a more of it too.

Best part for me is clean stock exhaust look and sound, just deleted both cats.
Did you have it installed as a piggy back or stand alone?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Back