Show me your CX-5 wheels

I'm OK, but the craigslist painter, did a horrible job and I'm thinking of redoing his work. What a waste of money.
We have just moved this weekend, to a neighbor city and I did not have time, to do the alignment. I will give it another try, tomorrow.
The lateral arm, still works.
I have got, some Hankook Ventus Evo12 K120 245/45R20 tires, from onlinetires.com. ($80 rebate)
There are no Falken tires, anywhere.

Nickmo looks great(!), I have the same car/color.

Last edited:
I'm OK, but the craigslist painter, did a horrible job and I'm thinking of redoing his work. What a waste of money.
We have just moved this weekend, to a neighbor city and I did not have time, to do the alignment. I will give it another try, tomorrow.
The lateral arm, still works.
I have got, some Hankook Ventus Evo12 K120 245/45R20 tires, from onlinetires.com. ($80 rebate)
There are no Falken tires, anywhere.

Nickmo looks great(!), I have the same car/color.

I was looking at evos for my next tire, mine are probably at about 50k of hard driving.. and I got a nice surprise from the VA in the form of a $3,600 back payment from 2009 that I didn't even realize I was owed.

Just installed some 20" TSW Portier wheels in matte gunmetal w/ a gloss black lip (Purchased through Font Motorsports).

Specs:
- 20"x8.5" ET 40
- Wrapped with Nitto NT421Q's (245/50R20)
- Muteki SR35 black lug nuts

Sidenote: The rack is a "Mega Warrior" by Yakima

Super happy with the look. I hope do put it on Eibach's in the future.

2CxZuPL.jpg

AxzYvQb.jpg

GhTmBvd.jpg

PcrDnD1.jpg

hlSsjbQ.jpg

Nice, those TSW`s....I like them ! Are you sure that you have 50" on the sidewall of the tyres ? These are generally a little to high or did you instal a miles-leveler ? The gap above the tires is exactly the gap on mine CX-5 inclusive the Eibach Pro Kit.........

Nice, those TSW`s....I like them ! Are you sure that you have 50" on the sidewall of the tyres ? These are generally a little to high or did you instal a miles-leveler ? The gap above the tires is exactly the gap on mine CX-5 inclusive the Eibach Pro Kit.........

Thanks! I'm positive they are are 50R20's (haha). I did not install a miles-leveler. To be honest, I'm not even sure what that is (dunno)

The difference doesn't seem that substantial (IMO):
oJbtscT.png

I suppose I can always get 45's on my next set. I love how these feel on the road. If my speedo is off by a tiny margin like this, it's not the end of the world for me.

Ratings with a 45 sidewall:
3OP5Qsh.png

I see what you guys are saying. It was an oversight on my part (hand). I'll live with the +0.5/+2 mph difference for the life of these tires.

Last edited:
Indeed, we"ll only keep you alert ! (cool)

A rpm-leveler keeps the engin and your tachometer within the normal speed (rpm) (as if you have the 245/45/20) These levelers often used in Europe...........then you don`t have the difference in speed.....

(p.s.the tire specs for the circumference must be normaly + or - 2 %, as you can see in the tablet the circumference is + 3,1 %)

Last edited:
Indeed, we"ll only keep you alert ! (cool)

A rpm-leveler keeps the engin and your tachometer within the normal speed (rpm) (as if you have the 245/45/20) These levelers often used in Europe...........then you don`t have the difference in speed.....

(p.s.the tire specs for the circumference must be normaly + or - 2 %, as you can see in the tablet the circumference is + 3,1 %)

Ah! Thanks for explaining. I can only blame myself this time for lack of research. My next set will definitely be 45's.

Thanks Chris! Looks great and I'm glad you're happy. It was a pleasure doing business with you. :)

Just installed some 20" TSW Portier wheels in matte gunmetal w/ a gloss black lip (Purchased through Font Motorsports).

Specs:
- 20"x8.5" ET 40
- Wrapped with Nitto NT421Q's (245/50R20)
- Muteki SR35 black lug nuts

Sidenote: The rack is a "Mega Warrior" by Yakima

Super happy with the look. I hope do put it on Eibach's in the future.

2CxZuPL.jpg

AxzYvQb.jpg

GhTmBvd.jpg

PcrDnD1.jpg

hlSsjbQ.jpg

So i finally got around to fitting some new 255/45's to the CX-9 20's for our CX-5 and bolted them on.

(The top pic is the standard 17's)

I also got some lowered springs, i'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Last edited:
^^^Factory wheels looks great! Too bad they're so heavy [emoji17] But, if I found some cheap, I'd do the same [emoji5]️ Great before & afters also [emoji106]

I have a question about the wheel diameter. What should be the diameter of wheel for running a car on 300 kph on a smooth road?

Last edited:
^^^Factory wheels looks great! Too bad they're so heavy [emoji17] But, if I found some cheap, I'd do the same [emoji5]️ Great before & afters also [emoji106]

Thanks Skorpio.
I've seen a few people talk about the weight of wheels, what difference does it make?

Thanks Skorpio.
I've seen a few people talk about the weight of wheels, what difference does it make?

Generally speaking, lighter wheels are easier on the suspension, can give more acceleration off the line or around corners, and are easier on brakes while allowing for shorter stopping distances.

Hi. Just got my verde wheels 20x9 et38 pretty flush with 245/45/20

Last edited:
Back