What have you done to your MSP today?

I Helicoiled the head for the exhaust manifold studs and installed my new, stainless 40mm studs last night. While it was ******* snowing. I've got to disconnect my oil return line, then it'll be going back together with the Steedspeed. Hopefully get a clutch by the end of the year and an FTC in January, and, assuming I don't break anything else between now and then, she'll be runnin' down the road again. I wanted to sell the 8 and get a CX7 this spring, but a new car will have to wait until Summer or fall of 2015. I thought about selling the MSP to use as a down payment on my replacement daily driver, but it wouldn't be worth it. Even now, with it built and bolt-ons I can't imagine I'd get more than $4k for it. Yet a slammed late-90's/early-00's, Plasti-dipped Honda Civic can pull $5-6k around here. It's freakin' insane.

i just don't understand those Honda guys all that well. they got some sweet rides but there's like 500 all the same. i dont see myself selling my msp anytime soon. if i just go to board with it ill just go ahead and gut it and go full race car status with it. and preferio i might be able to help you out with a ftc. might half to wait till February but i might be able to cut you a good deal.going to haltech on mine at tax time haha. theres no tax time really its extra race car parts time.

Preferio, I'd give you $4k right now for your car. haha. I paid $5k for mine...huge mistake.

I also paid 5k for mine but it came with a steedspeed v2, Brand new 626 intake manifold, test pipe, brand new radiator, dual gauge cluster cover, foglight delete covers, supertone horns, injen cai and that's about all I can recall lol

You wanna.talk worthwhile... I got my msp when it was 5 years old. Paid $14000 cdn for it with no mods lol. Keeping it til it rusts apart.

I paid $5300 for mine 03/2011 stock except for the Tokico's.

MSP
March 2011- 153k miles
November 2014- 186k miles
3y8m- 33k <--- LOL

RX-8
December 2012- 64k
November 2014- 93k
1y11m- 29k

Protege5
March 2007- 72k
March 2011- 153k
4y0m- 81k

Last edited:
The manifold is ready to be picked up! I now have EVERYTHING ready for install. Hope to leave the shop an hour or two early so I can have that much more daylight/warmth to get it complete tonight.

Also, had a Ford Fusion come into the shop (which isn't a regular occurrence because I work for a medium/heavy duty truck shop now) and the fleet is requesting tires even though the Goodyear Eagle LS-2's are in good shape with a few miles left on them. Was in the market for tires for the 8, so I think I'll throw these on to buy me some more time which also means that money can go towards the MSP.

Replaced the thermostat in #2. I have never "had" to replace one, always just did it as maintenance. Had no heat and the engine temps would drop every time the car would move. Good Times...

I also paid 5k for mine but it came with a steedspeed v2, Brand new 626 intake manifold, test pipe, brand new radiator, dual gauge cluster cover, foglight delete covers, supertone horns, injen cai and that's about all I can recall lol

Well I guess mine WAS modded...hahahahahahha. It had some "sweet" Sparco, NOS, etc. stickers on the other side too.

Meh. I've seen much much worse. The definition of rice has become very lenient. At least those mods are easy to remove. Interior looks ugly though.

Unless you had a tmic wtf would you want that hood lol. I think there was a coweled aftermarket hood like that but it could be custom. At least its a clean custom.

Unless you had a tmic wtf would you want that hood lol. I think there was a coweled aftermarket hood like that but it could be custom. At least its a clean custom.

I agree but I figured they might be some with no scoop lol.

I'm tired of working on the car, outside and in the cold. I fabricated a WGA bracket today, so I should have everything done tonight...

Back