All Weather Mats...Which?

I just got a full set of the Aries mats (the 3D ones shown above) that are exactly the same except for the name badge and the passenger side floor clamps. The 3D mats show they have the locking clips where as the set I have are just raised and allow the peg on the carpet to sit underneath. Fit is still great and the texture below the mat keeps them in place just fine.

I got my set from Unique Auto Depot on Black Friday and they shipped within a week. They are still running a 10% discount, so total cost was right around $150.

http://www.uniqueautodepot.com/3D-Floor-Liners-by-Aries-p/aa-mz03811502.htm

I bought these from weathertech.ca, I think they were $230 for fronts & back.
I was impressed how well they all fit, especially the back one. I'm just scared that the drivers one is a bit shallow and may overflow when you track a lot of snow. We will see.
They threw these in when I bought my cx5 in October. They're great. Kids can get messy with boots in back so the mats have been very useful.

So I ordered the Aries 3D floor mats from http://uniqueautodepot.com but when I put them in the driver mat does not fit properly. The passenger and rear mats fit fine, but the driver mat clips are misaligned and a portion of the mat overlaps the pedal. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is this normal or did I receive a wrong mat? Sorry I don't currently have pics but can try to get some up soon if that helps.

We got a set of the OEM Mazda rubber mats with the car when it was delivered. We liked them fine. Then came the wear and tear. They hold up fine, but being rubber, the scratch, sort of. Scuff is a better term. I haven't been able to get scuff marks from shoes off of them. Clean them with soap & water and a brush, and still scuffed up. As others have mentioned, I would now go with the Weathertech mats. I have them in another car and they are great. Not cheap at $180 for the front & rear floor mats and another $120 for the rear cargo mat, but they hold up much better.

I'm buying my cx-5 in a few days. Are there any updates on all weather floor liners? I'm in the USA, so it seem like Husky, weathertech and Aries are the main options? I'm in Minneapolis so anything I can do to keep salt off the carpet will be great.

The Weathertech are great in every aspect... Except for one thing. They didn't raise the plastic to prevent dirt from filling the base of the throttle pedal. Stupid flaw.

I like the weathertech the best, but don't bother getting the CX-5 branded version from the dealers. The CX-5 badge is just glued in, so the first bit of water and salt from this snowy winter completely dislodged them.

Has anyone tried Exactmats before? Living in Northern CA, I don't need all the protection from heavy duty mats like Weathertech and Husky and I would rather keep the factory carpet mats. This looks like a nice option to place on top of the factory mats to protect them from dirt and wear.

http://www.exactmats.com/mazda-cx5-clear-floor-mats

Just got my Aries 3D mats as well, they are very nice and cover the dead pedal are which is great. The only issue was I had to sign for the delivery in person, which made me miss delivery and have to pick them up at the UPS center which was a 25 mile drive.

Still love em.

Latest posts

Back