What have you done to your P5 today?

Well after a very rough month with the p5 I had to sell her :-( outer tie rods bursted wheel bearing another rear caliper and my entire catback rotted off and got left behind on the highway. Still got $2k for her and bought a brand new car. Only thing left of her are the JDM tail lights. Up for sale if anyone is interested

The best way to get them in and get everything situated is to remove the housing completely and utilize a workbench or kitchen table. The rubber grommet can be a real PITA to get situated. Depending on the condition of the factory rubber boot on the back of the housing, you MIGHT have to make a small relief cut or two, but with enough finesse it should go right in. Good luck!

Last some time? You must be running/have run a 35W kit. I had the 55W DDM kit with 8000K bulbs and they lasted just about 6 months to the day before one finally burnt out. It started dimming after about 5 months. I switched to 6000k for the new bulbs and I made it about 5 months before switching back to halogen. Both bulbs were just starting to show signs of needing replaced too, so it was perfect.

My p5 had the 55 watt kit from DDM for 2 years no prolem

Tried the 'free auxmod' on the 2002 radio.. didn't work as pretty much expected...
Convinced wife to buy aftermarket stereo with blutooth and aux in for Christmas...
Removed center console/shifter boot/cupholders to clean 10+ years of grime/spilled coffee/coke/crud off... might take a while...

picked up some new wheels today, turned out to be kind of an impulse buy since they were so cheap. I'll post some pics when i get some tires mounted.

Just got these MS3 wheels for my P5 this weekend.
attachment.php

Since I have to always know our subwoofers better than anyone else, I had some fun and shoehorned our SSA Icon 18D2 into the P5. Bonkers output on modest power with super smooth sound. ;)

post-3-0-14694300-1382474178_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-31296400-1382474184_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-63573100-1382474197_thumb.jpg

Denim...thats crazy. Lol

Sitting at firestone waiting for the alignment to be done. On friday i replaced the lcas. Ill call the mechanic tomorrow to set up a time for them to check it out so i can get my inspection sticker.

Did more work on the P5 since the weather is so good. I got a free beat-up bucket seat with side mounts so I welded-up a frame using a spare driver-side seat I had laying around.

The welds ain't pretty, but they're strong (I hope).

fhsRP23.jpg

Seat installed!
9Hu2k3e.jpg

Here's a shot of the dash :)
y4QqI55.jpg

^ What dash? And I hope that seat bracket isn't welded with hopes and dreams, if you have any doubts I would take it somewhere and get it professionally done. J/S

^ What dash? And I hope that seat bracket isn't welded with hopes and dreams, if you have any doubts I would take it somewhere and get it professionally done. J/S

The welds are fine, just ugly. I have one of those bad 120V flux core welders but surprisingly when welding 0.1" steel you still get good penetration depth. I'm happy with the result :)

Put front end up on jack stands.. Removed steering knuckles (my mechanic friend calls them spindles?), pressed hubs and bearings out...
Removed lower control arms... pressed out bushings and ball joints... ran out of time. (lol)

(Note to self: Next time, just buy new control arms instead of being a cheapskate.)

I got a week or two until I can get access to the press again, so maybe I'll try cleaning up the rusty stuff in the meantime.

Denim...thats crazy. Lol

It's for fun every once in a while I need to go with a huge output install for 'shiggles'. But I need to get back to finishing off the final testing of a prototype, so I will be switching back out again soon. ;)

Back