What have you done to your MS3 today?

I just installed the Redline Italian leather shifter boot and brake boot. The black leather and JDM red stitching match the stock seats perfectly. This is a nice upgrade from the stock vinyl boot which looked even cheesier after I put in the new shifter knob. It looks classy now.

The leather goods were shipped all the way from Poland. My wife usually gets mad when I spend money on the car but since she is part Polish she is very much into Polish items. Only last week she showed me her new Polish shoes (2 pair.) "Look honey they are from Poland!" Hehe it was my turn tonight: "Look honey my latest Speed 3 mods are from Poland!" I have to savor this moment of triumph while it lasts however brief! (alright)

love the redline stuff...I have the red/black shift boot, e brake boot, and armrest cover, the all match up so nicely with the stock stuff. I didnt think that the stock one was that bad until I put the new ones on...and now whenever I see an MS3 without the redline boots, I really notice how bad it looks...

Side moulding delete, repainted front emblem (chipped), and installed ^^^bigdaddy's TRZ Rear Motor Mount

I completely understand all his griping and complaining about the mount. A huge increase in engine noise, I found I have a serious tranny whine (especially 2nd gear), and the vibrations during takeoff make it hard to feel the clutch, causing me to almost stall multiple times (especially since the increased engine noise makes it hard to "hear" where my revs are).

But my first 1--2 shift was smoother than my 5--6 shifts without the mount, and things only get better from there! I'm no racer, and hardly push the engine, but launched carefully with no wheel spin until high rpms of 1st gear (about 5000rpms), shift to second, no wheel spin, full throttle, shift to third (I DO NOT MISS THIS SHIFT, SMOOTH!!! WHOO HOO) full throttle......beautiful!

Vibrations at idle are not bad in my car without A/C. With the A/C they are noticeable...for sure...

When installing, I had a buddy use a screwdriver and physically pry the engine (wiggling it back and forth) as I tightened the bolts up on the mount. I think this settled the mount immediately and helped lessen the vibrations. I tightened until I could not anymore.

Ultimately, the mount (Poly, not Delrin) is a great piece that does what it is supposed to do--hold the engine in place. However, I can see how much harder it is to drive taking off in 1st, and the increased noise and 'slight' vibrations may not be wanted. For the price, it is hard to pass up on this mount, but if any of the above worry you, go for a softer bushing such as the CP-e, which as you have read above is another great piece. I hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks to Scott for dealing with me and completing an timely, honest transaction. I'd vouch for him anytime selling used.

... and installed ^^^bigdaddy's TRZ Rear Motor Mount

I completely understand all his griping and complaining about the mount. A huge increase in engine noise...

Vibrations at idle are not bad in my car without A/C. With the A/C they are noticeable...for sure...

Thanks to Scott for dealing with me and completing a timely, honest transaction. I'd vouch for him anytime selling used.
I had the AWR 77 durometer ("street") mount in my NA 3 and lived w/it for nearly 2 years before I couldn't take it anymore.
The dashboard and steering wheels shook whenever the car was at idle and uncontrollably when the A/C was on. I tried to get used to and live with it. I tried to convince myself that it would get better as time wore on. I couldn't take it anymore. It was embarrassing. The "kick" at start up and overall decrease in day-to-day driving pleasure led me to tire of it and (unfortunately) go back to OE stock.
I was so surprised how much nicer the car was after returning to OE, ESPECIALLY with the A/C on, and even the smooth start ups, that I don't think I could ever go back to a super hard mount for my DD again.
Just my 0.02. I don't race my car either, but don't be surprised or ashamed if you too tire of it over time and find yourself wanting something a little more civil and livable on a day-to-day basis.

Side moulding delete, repainted front emblem (chipped), and installed ^^^bigdaddy's TRZ Rear Motor Mount

I completely understand all his griping and complaining about the mount. A huge increase in engine noise, I found I have a serious tranny whine (especially 2nd gear), and the vibrations during takeoff make it hard to feel the clutch, causing me to almost stall multiple times (especially since the increased engine noise makes it hard to "hear" where my revs are).

But my first 1--2 shift was smoother than my 5--6 shifts without the mount, and things only get better from there! I'm no racer, and hardly push the engine, but launched carefully with no wheel spin until high rpms of 1st gear (about 5000rpms), shift to second, no wheel spin, full throttle, shift to third (I DO NOT MISS THIS SHIFT, SMOOTH!!! WHOO HOO) full throttle......beautiful!

When installing, I had a buddy use a screwdriver and physically pry the engine (wiggling it back and forth) as I tightened the bolts up on the mount. I think this settled the mount immediately and helped lessen the vibrations. I tightened until I could not anymore.

Ultimately, the mount (Poly, not Delrin) is a great piece that does what it is supposed to do--hold the engine in place. However, I can see how much harder it is to drive taking off in 1st, and the increased noise and 'slight' vibrations may not be wanted. For the price, it is hard to pass up on this mount, but if any of the above worry you, go for a softer bushing such as the CP-e, which as you have read above is another great piece. I hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks to Scott for dealing with me and completing an timely, honest transaction. I'd vouch for him anytime selling used.

glad to hear you like it. It just wasn't for me. Sorry I never got that tracking number to you. Hopefully you'll have better luck with it than I did...lol.

ALso, found this today:

134K MS3, damn...thats a s*** ton of miles in such short time...

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...kId=20073&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

I just installed the Redline Italian leather shifter boot and brake boot. The black leather and JDM red stitching match the stock seats perfectly. This is a nice upgrade from the stock vinyl boot which looked even cheesier after I put in the new shifter knob. It looks classy now.

The leather goods were shipped all the way from Poland. My wife usually gets mad when I spend money on the car but since she is part Polish she is very much into Polish items. Only last week she showed me her new Polish shoes (2 pair.) "Look honey they are from Poland!" Hehe it was my turn tonight: "Look honey my latest Speed 3 mods are from Poland!" I have to savor this moment of triumph while it lasts however brief! (alright)

My lady is as Polish as it gets (born and raised in Krakow), so I read your post to her out loud. All she had to say was...

"So, which shoes?"

(squinty)

Last edited:
Met a fellow autox'r to sell him my extra rims and forgot how loud and distinguishable the speed3 exhaust note is. I heard him from inside a friend's apartment as he drove around the complex looking for mine. I instantly could tell it was a speed3.

Met a fellow autox'r to sell him my extra rims and forgot how loud and distinguishable the speed3 exhaust note is. I heard him from inside a friend's apartment as he drove around the complex looking for mine. I instantly could tell it was a speed3.

?? stock? stock, the ms3 is pretty damn quiet. especially when in low rpms. in general i think speed3's are quiet cars. especially compared to subies.

LOL quiet...I don't know how that sounds. My ms3 will wake the dead. Turbo xs dp, turbo xs racepipe with magnaflow high flow cat to racing beat catback with chambered muffler removed and replaced with a straight through magnaflow 3" muffler...omg my turbo can be heard by a deaf man. :)

Went for burgers with my buddies on sunday at a gourmet burger place, and took em home in the car, and took em out right after. Sunday, monday, and even today when I got in the car, it still smelled like ******* burgers...so I literally scrubbed all the seats, and cleaned everything, and then pulled up my sunshade that was sitting behind the drivers seat, and low and behold, there were ******* onions and tomatoes just sitting there. I scrubbed the s*** out of the carpet, and the mat, and pulled the mat out to let it air out. I am ******* pissed.

Went for burgers with my buddies on sunday at a gourmet burger place, and took em home in the car, and took em out right after. Sunday, monday, and even today when I got in the car, it still smelled like ******* burgers...so I literally scrubbed all the seats, and cleaned everything, and then pulled up my sunshade that was sitting behind the drivers seat, and low and behold, there were ******* onions and tomatoes just sitting there. I scrubbed the s*** out of the carpet, and the mat, and pulled the mat out to let it air out. I am ******* pissed.
Confucius say: Never take friends out for burgers in MS3, to avoid the blessing of the malodorous "Onion God".

Last edited:

You should have kept the leftovers and dumped them in your friend's AC system... (thought)

You need new friends.

Yeah, vomit would suck...but I'm just pissed because my car smelled brand new, and hopefully that won't go away....

I had my tail lights tinted, the tint is 20%, we'll find out what the police have to say, hopefully not though!
IMG_0088-1.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

Last edited:
had a full load for the first time. 3 passengers including my 6'5", 240lb friend plus trunk full of luggage. rear rubbed on bumps... it's a painful, painful sound.

changed the oil, took 6 qts of Rotella T 5w-40. oil blacker than midnight in a coal mine after only 3200 miles. found a kink in the oil catch can hose, ordered thicker, oil-resistant hydraulic hose.

changed the oil, took 6 qts of Rotella T 5w-40. oil blacker than midnight in a coal mine after only 3200 miles. found a kink in the oil catch can hose, ordered thicker, oil-resistant hydraulic hose.

where did you order the hose from? ive been using the plain jane hose from advanced auto and last summer I had an issue with them getting soft and starting to kink and had to replace them. I would love a stronger hose especially with it getting progressively hotter out.

Back