How To: headlight black out for P5!

alexelie, there is a car already on the boards painted body colored. He also did a set of Alteza taillights taken apart and painted red to match the body.

I must adit, i does look good

As to the covers, nah, no thanks. Nothing that reduces useable light

Mine has been red on red for a while, here are some shots.

20080726_0033.jpg

20080705_0013.jpg

Pro5July07020-1.jpg

Pro5July07021-1.jpg

I just finished mine earlier today. It took me about 8 hours (without sanding) to do and I'm freaken' tired lol. The bad thing was that there's some dust particles inside because I didn't clean it :(. Oh well, the outside of the lens is kind of all scratched up anyway so I'll do that another time. I'll post pictures up soon!

Hey guys,
This is my first. I'll be getting a P5 in a few days and always loved the black housing headlights. I'll be getting a 2003 P5 which already comes with the stock black housing headlights.

I was wondering if there was a difference in blacking our the stock headlights? I hope this question was not answered in here since it's 3am and I didn't sift through 14 pages :p

*edit 19 pages

hey who fixed the pics!?

or did they always work? i could have sworn they didnt....oh well
this is like the 3rd time ive used this write up, thanks to the OP

Might be a stupid question, but is that all the Canadian 03 P5 headlights are? Blacked out housings?

So: Are DIY painted headlights, virtually identical to Canadian 03 P5 headlights?

Might be a stupid question, but is that all the Canadian 03 P5 headlights are? Blacked out housings?

So: Are DIY painted headlights, virtually identical to Canadian 03 P5 headlights?

Yes and no. It will depend on what type of paint you use. If you use a flat then no they will not be identical. I would recommend a satin finish.

Attachments

• P5%20Black%20Headlight%20Close%20Up.jpg
    P5%20Black%20Headlight%20Close%20Up.jpg
    480.7 KB · Views: 268
Satin is FTW!

My new headlights are Satin. The Pro5 lights on the car now are matte, and, the Satin is the sex

I finally grew a pair and did this, was not as bad as i thought haha. I also put a slight twist on it, i like it a lot because it matches my wheels :)

DSCF1220.jpg

DSCF1230.jpg

DSCF1232.jpg

DSCF1227.jpg

DSCF1228.jpg

Back