2009 Mazda 3 - Sirius Satellite Radio

funksalad

Just purchased an 09 Mazda 3 - 5 door and just found out the dealer wants nearly 450$ for the Sirius receiver and install.... wtf.

Does anyone know of any receiver being sold that outside of the dealer that will integrate with the cars satellite ready feature?

I've spoken with Crutchfield and a few other places to no avail. I just can't justify spending 450 when I can spend less than 150 (installed probably) for an external unit.

If you want it integrated, you probably have to get the factory unit. The install is a pain, but not difficult. Try here for a reasonable price on the receiver.

Yeah only the Mazda one will work with the 3 if you want it integrated. There's occasionally some up on ebay for 1/2 price, but I think those are mostly the older module (new one since '08.5).

Also, it is a good idea to order the installation kit - it only costs a few bucks, but amoung a few useful bits, that's where the installation instructions are.

Also be aware that you will lose your AUX jack in the console - you can get it back with some more money for a switch box, also from Mazda (09 may be different, but this was true for 07 and 08).

I purchased the Sirius tuner and install kit for $250for my 09. The install is not to bad if you mount the antenea on the dash like i did. It took me about and hour and a half to do the install.

Also, on the 09's you will not lose your aux input.

Jeremy

Also be aware that you will lose your AUX jack in the console - you can get it back with some more money for a switch box, also from Mazda (09 may be different, but this was true for 07 and 08).

Yeah they corrected that problem in the '08.5 refresh

I purchased the Sirius tuner and install kit for $250for my 09. The install is not to bad if you mount the antenea on the dash like i did. It took me about and hour and a half to do the install.

Also, on the 09's you will not lose your aux input.

Jeremy

Where did you get it for that cheap? I am hoping I can use the same kit in my 09 6.

Thanks

the 09 has the aux port in the center console between driver and passenger seat. and i found a site selling the OEM 0000-81-G01A for way cheaper. says its for 05-08 but ive found other sites showing the same part number for the 2009. http://mazdagear.com/satelliteradioreceiverkit-mazda3.aspx

It's possible that site is incorrect. As of '08.5 the connector on the back of the HU changed from 32 pin to 30 pin, and all the other modules which go into that port have changed. The older module may not work in the '09 model.

So I just spent 3 hours at the dealership getting them to install the Sirius kit I had them throw in when I bought my MS3.

Anyhow, the 08 and 09 kits are apparently different, as they were unsuccessful in the install and have to order either another receiver or another kit.

Can anyone else confirm this? Also, they were nice enough to put a sticker inside my console saying I lost my Aux (and told me this as well) but for 09s this is apparently not true and I keep my Aux?

Sorry if I'm a little flustered, but 3 hours in a waiting room only for them to be unsuccessful on something I could've done myself in half the time is kind of grating.

So I just spent 3 hours at the dealership getting them to install the Sirius kit I had them throw in when I bought my MS3.

Anyhow, the 08 and 09 kits are apparently different, as they were unsuccessful in the install and have to order either another receiver or another kit.

Can anyone else confirm this? Also, they were nice enough to put a sticker inside my console saying I lost my Aux (and told me this as well) but for 09s this is apparently not true and I keep my Aux?

Sorry if I'm a little flustered, but 3 hours in a waiting room only for them to be unsuccessful on something I could've done myself in half the time is kind of grating.

The change came with the '08.5 refresh model, so '08.5 and '09 use the same module. I'm guessing you have a pre-'08.5 model since one of the cool things about the new module is it doesn't disable the ACI.

So assuming you want your ACI to continue working you need the Mazda switchbox. Basically it plus into the HU and allows both the ACI and the sirius to plug into it. Then both features work as they normally would (SAT for sirius and MEDIA for the ACI). The module runs around $113.

The change came with the '08.5 refresh model, so '08.5 and '09 use the same module. I'm guessing you have a pre-'08.5 model since one of the cool things about the new module is it doesn't disable the ACI.

So assuming you want your ACI to continue working you need the Mazda switchbox. Basically it plus into the HU and allows both the ACI and the sirius to plug into it. Then both features work as they normally would (SAT for sirius and MEDIA for the ACI). The module runs around $113.
I think this is the wrong answer. He has an '09 but it looks like the dealer tried to install a '08 and before kit which won't work. He is right that the '09 retains the AUX.

I think the dealer was just unsure and hadn't installed one in an 08.5+. They probably saw in the manual for the one they tried to install (for an 08 or earlier) that it said about disabling the Aux.

Anyhow, I also found out they were nice enough to leave the passenger side tail lights unhooked while they were back there messing around with things. It's a good thing they couldn't take the 14 seconds it takes to hook them up.

So, they're ordering the kit for 08.5+ and it should be here Tuesday. Guess we'll play again. Maybe I can get some free service (or employee pricing plus deeply discounted labor on a MSCAI or MSCatback..)

Hey - anybody know if the 08.5 in an MS3 would work in a 2008 Mazda 3? My dad is looking for a factory Sirius reciever so he can keep the stock HU.

Going to PM TrueBlue...

Back