Squeaking Noise From Suspension When Passing Over A Bump

AIMWO4

:
Mazda5 Sport 5-Speed
Bulletin No: 02-007/06

Looks like I'm getting new bushings today... The 5 is in the shop.

I had bushings replaced 1st week November. We have seen cold -14 celcius early in the morning and 'No Noise'. It's amazing how those old bushings could have caused such a really loud noise.

I'm not sure what happens when the lubrication dries up. If it is going to be
part of 'winterizing the car', like lubricating bushings.. thats acceptable to me.

I'd think being in Regina, you'd see it before me. LOL I see they are supposed to grease the new ones, too.

My mom and her family are from Sask... Spy Hill, Kindersly, etc.

I had bushings replaced 1st week November. We have seen cold -14 celcius early in the morning and 'No Noise'. It's amazing how those old bushings could have caused such a really loud noise.

I'm not sure what happens when the lubrication dries up. If it is going to be
part of 'winterizing the car', like lubricating bushings.. thats acceptable to me.

My squeaks are back occasionally during cold weather. This really doesn't bother me enough to take it in. I am curious though how long the noise stays away. If it is really permenant then I might enough reason to have the work done.

What about the bushing hardness? Did it effect handling feel?

Feels just as before without the clunking. I don't know if because it's dry and cold in Denver??? But, it was really bad. I could feel it in the steering. I think the new bushings must be of a better compound judging by the the TSB VIN# cut-off.

My squeaks are back occasionally during cold weather. This really doesn't bother me enough to take it in. I am curious though how long the noise stays away. If it is really permenant then I might enough reason to have the work done.

What about the bushing hardness? Did it effect handling feel?

I just noticed the same issue. It was pretty cold here in Toronto last couple of days. 2 minutes after I start driving the noise goes away, but I don't think it should be like that, so I'm calling the dealer today to get an appointment for next week

I had the TSB done last March - the squeaking has now returned with the cold weather. It doesn't bother me enough to bring it in until I hear that there is a truly permanent solution...hope it works better for the rest of you.

I had this done last feb they did not replace bushing but lubricated it. Weve seen cold temps lately but so far no squeeking sound.

According to my dealer, the new bushings are quieter but won't last as long as the current ones. I decided to leave the noisy ones on for now....

I did not see the 'defective bushings' but it was not just the squeaking noise that disapeared. There were 'knocks', thuds (like when going off humps - which sounds like defective shock absorber). These other noise also disappeared after the bushing replacement. Maybe the stabilizer bar was really 'loose' or something.

Anyway if you hear other noises, it will help to have the bushings replaced first before suspecting other areas.

I've had the bushings replaced twice. Still squeaks. Car has 58k on it now. The times I notice it most are when the suspension compresses quite a bit, like over the "nice" speed bumps (wider ones) of which we have a couple on the route to get home. The last set the dealer replaced (on their own dime(2thumbs)) at 56.5k and they are squeaking already. Personally, I'd rather they just show me what needs to be lubricated, and I would do it annually. The issue I have is that where there's squeak, there's friction, so the bushings will wear faster. Zerk fittings would be nice.(shrug)

The TSB list which bushings need greasing. Just get some lubricant spray.

I've had the bushings replaced twice. Still squeaks. Car has 58k on it now. The times I notice it most are when the suspension compresses quite a bit, like over the "nice" speed bumps (wider ones) of which we have a couple on the route to get home. The last set the dealer replaced (on their own dime(2thumbs)) at 56.5k and they are squeaking already. Personally, I'd rather they just show me what needs to be lubricated, and I would do it annually. The issue I have is that where there's squeak, there's friction, so the bushings will wear faster. Zerk fittings would be nice.(shrug)

According to my dealer, the new bushings are quieter but won't last as long as the current ones. I decided to leave the noisy ones on for now....

The old ones are polyurethane replaced with ordinary rubber bushing to get the squeaking sound

It looks like the squeaking has been isolated to be cause by the bushing. The question is, how is it supposed to work?

- The stabilizer bar would move/twist while under the grip of the rubber bushing? Thanks to the 'grease' in between rubber and bar.

- Or is the stabilizer bar held tight by the rubber bushing and the bushing
flexes/moves as the stabilizer move.?

In either of the above, The torque applied to the fasteners might play a part.
of how long till the noise appear again.

Squeek

The TSB list which bushings need greasing. Just get some lubricant spray.

Has anyone messed with lubing on their own and gotten under the car and sprayed some lube and had any success? I would prefer to try this first - I am hesitant to get the dealership "fix" done if it is not a final solution.

What is the best spray to use for the bushings - silicone spray or lithium spray? - I want to buy what is most compatible with the bushing and most effective.

Anyone want to toss in their 2 cents?

Thanks.

bump.
Has anyone sprayed lube on the noisy front bushings, had success, and what type of lube?
Thanks.

Back