CX-5 Premium Plus Engine leaking oil

Wow, that is corroded! What does the rest of the undercarriage look like?
I really don’t believe it’s the corrosion issue, it’s the design issue where the cast aluminum isn’t strong enough. Luckily for Gen-2 owners you can get the rear top mount separately although it’s outrageously expensive just for an aluminum top mount.

From what I can see it's pitted and lost material. If it was to light of a design, it would have broken much sooner.

Last winter, we drove our Honda on chemically treated roads 2 days in Virginia. We we got back to Alabama, I took it through the next day to spray off the under carriage. I was surprised to see what use to be shinny aluminum parts now pitted. When it snows or freezes around here it normally melts off by 12:00. We just wait for it to melt...

Where is this car being driven?

Where is this car being driven?
Not my car. But it’s a common knowledge that Mazda vehicles usually suffer undercarriage rust issue including the CX-5 due to the road salt or chemicals. Luckily I don’t live in snow belt area.

Not my car. But it’s a common knowledge that Mazda vehicles usually suffer undercarriage rust issue including the CX-5 due to the road salt or chemicals. Luckily I don’t live in snow belt area.
Have these mounts broken that are not corroded like in the pic?

Undercarriage corrosion is not unique to Mazda.

⋯ Undercarriage corrosion is not unique to Mazda.

Undercarriage Rust

The comparison pictures between @Fish1’s CX-5 and his much older Toyota Matrix from Southern New Hampshire is astonishing:

Rust like that after a few years even with heavy use of salt I believe is unacceptable with today's coatings and materials to look worse than a car that is 13 years old is not acceptable. How can Mazda get away with this? I love how this car drives and looks but also want one that will last. Also very happy with fuel economy so far getting around 30.5MPG on my 100 mile round trip commute.

2005 toyota matrix/pontiac vibe - 225K miles driving 100 miles a day
attachment.php

View attachment 216618

2014 CX-5 (seen 2 winters) -28K miles
attachment.php

attachment.php

View attachment 216616
View attachment 216617

Hard to make much from those pictures. The thing most would see first is the exhaust, but meh; what about other areas of the Matrix? Hard to see with that angle.

Great, let me then save you a lot of time by permanently banning your account.

Remember...Mazdas247 has a zero tolerance policy towards trolling, meaning users who engage in such activity can be immediately and permanently banned without warning.

Now back to the topic and not wasting our time, thank you.
so he got banned for having an issue with his mazda? I guess I don't see how having an issue and complaining about it is trolling. Hopefully this post is not taken as trolling but his posts did not seem over the top to me.

Undercarriage Rust

The comparison pictures between @Fish1’s CX-5 and his much older Toyota Matrix from Southern New Hampshire is astonishing:
Reading some comments, a guy said it was surface rust would not impact structural integrity.

I see guys post pics of there undercarriage on other forums. The rust belt guys have to deal with a tremendous amount of corrosion, regardless what make. It's common knowledge vehicles in these areas have sever corrosion issues.

One more reason not to live there. 🤣

so he got banned for having an issue with his mazda? I guess I don't see how having an issue and complaining about it is trolling. Hopefully this post is not taken as trolling but his posts did not seem over the top to me.
I agree. I went through the entire discussion a couple of days ago and I was also surprised he got banned just because his complaining mainly caused by poor dealer service. I’ve seen a lot worse including personal attack and still never got banned.

I won't speak for @Antoine, but after re-reading their last posts, I agree that they were trolling. I can understand being frustrated at having to deal with such an issue, but belittling other members and their opinions, making comparisons to communist behaviour, and writing an inflammatory post designed to stir the pot without adding anything to the conversation was grounds for a warning and potential ban.

I'll take this opportunity to remind the Community to make use of the Report function whenever you see something that you think should be investigated. If you see a personal attack, report it so we can look into it and act accordingly.

Back to the topic please, thank you!

Hard to make much from those pictures. The thing most would see first is the exhaust, but meh; what about other areas of the Matrix? Hard to see with that angle.
Uhm? You didn’t see the muffler and exhaust pipe area in first pic from Matrix? Surface rust or not, comparing to similar area with rust on his CX-5 which is 9 years newer, do you see any rust on Matrix?

I won't speak for @Antoine, but after re-reading their last posts, I agree that they were trolling. I can understand being frustrated at having to deal with such an issue, but belittling other members and their opinions, making comparisons to communist behaviour, and writing an inflammatory post designed to stir the pot without adding anything to the conversation was grounds for a warning and potential ban.

I'll take this opportunity to remind the Community to make use of the Report function whenever you see something that you think should be investigated. If you see a personal attack, report it so we can look into it and act accordingly.

Back to the topic please, thank you!
Since I just read the entire thread a couple of days ago, those posts mentioned must have been deleted. I guess @jadmt is in the same situation and didn’t see those posts mentioned.

Since I just read the entire thread a couple of days ago, those posts mentioned must have been deleted. I guess @jadmt is in the same situation and didn’t see those posts mentioned.

As far as I can tell, those posts were not deleted.

Uhm? You didn’t see the muffler and exhaust pipe area in first pic from Matrix? Surface rust or not, comparing to similar area with rust on his CX-5 which is 9 years newer, do you see any rust on Matrix?
Yeah. I'd be more concerned about parts you don't normally replace, which you can't see much of in the Matrix picture.

I read it this morning.

Going back to pages 2 and 3 of this thread, the banned user implied that one of the other posters was a bot, simply for providing their own experience and opinion on the subject. In the posts that followed, they doubled down on calling the poster a bot, and admin posted a warning to them. They ignored the warning and continued with this behaviour, leading to the ban.

One more reminder to circle back to the topic (engine leaking oil from valve cover) please.

Back