What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Yeah, a Model 3. But not the one in the pic above.
I also don’t know if an EV can survive in extremely cold winter in your area, Toronto Canada? I guess you’ll find out in coming winter? Also noticed your CX-5 just traded in was a 2022 GT. Mind to tell us why you switched the car so early?

About the EV, if you have a chance to check out the Beijing Auto Show recently, there’re literally 20+ domestic brands of EVs on display. There definitely have some with poor quality. But those from BYD、Huawei、Xiaomi can be as good on quality as iPhone. Many of them offer both low-end and high-end EVs and compete with Tesla、BMW、Mercedes there. BYD even featured a super sport EV the U9 SSR which would cost over $190,000 USD with 1.9 second to reach 62 mph. The latest EV battery technology impressed me the most as the range over 1,000 km / 621.37 miles is very common now. 1-second-for-1-km super fast charging capability and charging stations are also available now for EVs in certain areas. Tesla can no longer dominate the EV market there in China and has to lower the price a couple of times since last year. And Tesla has to use those high-tech batteries from CATL and BYD produced in China for longer range and speedy charging to compete there.

Unfortunately we have no chance to see any of these new Chinese EVs in the US (I’ve seen some BYD buses) with 102.5% tariff imposed now. Just hope Chinese government won’t impose the same 102.5% duty on Tesla or iPhone there. IMO protectionism will never work for better and stronger economy. And only the consumers will be hurting the most.

Toronto does get cold, but I'd hardly call it extreme. It gets to -50c here sometimes, and I've still seen a few Teslas on the streets. Even if range drops by 50%, if your driving is mostly in the city and you have a charger at home, you can probably get by just fine.

Sorry to see one less CX-5 around the forums, but I'm glad to hear you're excited about the new car, @mrplt. Enjoy it in good health! Feel free to create a separate thread about it in the Lounge if you'd like :)

Edited to add: if range drops by 50% on most EVs, you'll probably be fine. With something like the BEV MX-30, I'd be a lot more concerned, lol.

Last edited:
I changed my oil yesterday. 1st time was at dealer for free. Can't agree to $100+ for that so got the filters and oil and did it myself. Took me about 20 mins for first time. I'll say that once removing the cover it is very easy to access the filter and drain plug. I had to borrow from my neighbor an oil filter cap. After I was done I went and bought one at AutoZone for $7.99

I also don’t know if an EV can survive in extremely cold winter in your area, Toronto Canada? I guess you’ll find out in coming winter? Also noticed your CX-5 just traded in was a 2022 GT. Mind to tell us why you switched the car so early?
I asked around to see how much range people lose in winter, and the response was around 20-30%. My apartment building has free EV chargers so I'm not too concerned.

About why I traded it in, I've been looking at EVs for a while now. Clutch (an online used car retailer) offered significantly more than I thought I would get which made me pull the trigger on the Tesla.
Congrats! Which M3 version did you get? We love our MYLR, but now I want to trade my other ICE for the new M3P! Can't wait to test drive one once they get here.
I got a Long Range! Performance doesn't qualify for the $5k federal credit here in Canada.

Back