Ford Focus Intake & Exhaust Maniold

APEXistud

:
1990 Mazda Miata
I know this may be a stupid question, but has anyone taken a look at the design of the intake manifold and exhaust manifold on the 2.0 liter Ford Focus motor. Ever notice how they're similar to each other. I'm kind of wondering if a Turbo exhaust manifold for a 2.0 liter Focus motor will fit our MP3's. Ford and Mazda do share information with each other.

For example: Old Mercury Tracer and the Protege, they share the same chassis and engine. Mazda MX-6, Ford Probe, same situation, Ford Ranger, Mazda B-Series Pickups. etc.... Just thought I'd point it out and was wondering if anyone else felt the same.

They might fit, but keep in mind that the Mazda 2.0 liter FS motor like ours has almost nothing in common with the 2.0 liter Zetec motor in the Focus.

As a matter of fact, I think the only thing they have in common is that they are both 2.0 liters.

True. Internally, there is nothing similar. Especially when you bring in the Focus's ZETEC. This is just a hunch. I started thinking of it when I saw the 2.0 liter focus motor at a recent car show. I'm going strictly off looks of course, but the design of the intake manifold looks almost identical to that of the MP3's intake manifold. Probably just coincidental of course. I'm just curious to see if they are similar though.

I originally thought that also. I wanted to strap on the Jackson Racing Supercharger, but that bubble was burst.

Back