EPB DTC issue (2015 CX-5 2.2L Skyactiv)

I have a 2015 Mazda CX 5 2.2 skyactiv that recently had rear pads changed. Vehicle was put into service mode but informed that one side the piston was difficult to push back in.
Following brake pad change the service mode amber light wouldn’t cancel and a red brake light began flashing on the dash. Despite repeated attempts in and out of service mode the lights would not cancel despite hearing the epb engage and disengage.
Mazda were contacted and error codes were discussed.
1. C2006 :19-8B Left Actuator
2. C112A :77-8B Actuator Disengaged
3. U3000 :53-8B Control Module
I was advised that the N/S brake caliper was likely damaged in pushing in the caliper so this was changed with new part but did not clear the faults.

They then advised that the EPB motor needed replacing and as soon as this is installed the errors will clear so this has been carried out at a nearby garage but the fault is still present despite diagnostic clearing

Mazda contacted today and now say that the dtc codes are not clearing and that this needs to be placed back into service mode which it will not go into, although you can hear the EPB engage and disagenged (rear wheel move irrespective of hearing the motors) but Topdon expensive diagnostic shows the service mode is off yet the dash board indicator show service mode is on which I’m guessing is stuck in this mode but may not be correct. Not sure if OBD reading is more reliable to show correct info.

Different master tech at Mazda now indicated that the brake caliper and epb may not have needed changing in the first place and may have just been the dtc not clearing.

Mazda maintain the EPB module has the previous faults recorded and new brakes and new epb installed wont correctly work until the dtc are cleared in the module.

Any ideas that I could try as it seem that brakes and CX-5s can be problematic.

Thanks

Last edited:
At this point, can you take it to Mazda to be sorted?

Back