black_venom122's P5 Build Thread

Thanks! I think it's a pretty neat wagon to mod and it's more of a unique project than like a WRX or STI wagon, everyone and their dog has one of those haha. And thanks for offering your help, I really appreciate it. If I have any questions you'll be one of the first to hear about it =)

Are you planing on keeping it blue or going with a different color. And yes it is way different than a wrx wagon but people will still ask you if it is one lol

I'm sticking with the blue, I love the color it is. And that's true, I've had a few people ask me if it what year of WRX it was haha. Silly naive drivers =)

I just added the stickers to make the car not look so plain anymore. Once I get all the body parts I want and repaint the car they'll go byebye lol. And thanks! I really love my choice of wheels, I decided that once I get sick of the silver look I'll have them powder coated flat black. I really want new fog lights, I've been looking for some forever but can't find some that I want. I wish the OEM fogs had replaceable bulbs so I could get the light color to match my 6500K HID lights. And yeah I have the paint and the brush to touch up the VC but I'm too lazy haha. I'll get it done eventually ;) And if I did decide to go with that bumper where would I find one?

The bulbs are replaceable, you can even put hids in them that's what I did with mine

going the way of honda with the stickers lol but thats my opinion it looks good with the rims though. if it wasnt for the camping i would def say to lower it but i wouldnt wana pay for a new oil pan either. if your not going to use your fog lights i would suggest a 03.5 msp front bumper they look better imo. also have you thought about taking a small paint brush and getting the vc?

And I agree, the 03.5 MSP bumper looks a lot better, but couldn't I still use the OEM fog lights with it?

subbing to this thread, also the MSP bumper and yours are the same minus the side markers. Some msps have the front lip which makes it look different.

I want to say soething about that HUGE sticker on the rear. It is not a personal attack, it is what I think so please take it like that.

That thing has GOT TO GO!

You posted that you have it so that you don't stand out. You don't need to stand out, or at least I don't think that you should want that type of attention, and I did read that it is there until you can get a body kit... That is also not where I believe you should focus. Some of the most modified cars have practically nothing done to the exterior. Suspension, Brakes, HP, Weight Reduction (Or Stereo)

I'm not saying that everyone shouldn't have fun with their car, but If I saw that on the road, I would automatically assume a couple of things...

That you have nothing done to the car and that you want to be pulled over by the police (Daily).

Making a car look different but tastefully can go a long way. Everything has to work together, that sticker does not do that...

Last edited:
How? I didn't see a way to replace the bulbs in the fog lights. Hmmm I never thought about it that way. Maybe you're right, it's time to lose the stickers. And my main focus isn't on a body kit, my main focus is buying a new engine, building it, and throwing a t3/t4 turbo on it. I want to get that s*** underway fast, I'm already saving up for it all. And I already have the HID kit for my headlights, I just wanted my fog light bulbs to emit the same color of light as my HID's.

well the only difference between your bumper and the msp one is the lip and minus the side markers so just get a lip and remove the side markers when you paint it if you decide to go that route. You can still do some suspension work like strut bars, trailing arms sway bars just dont lower it or you can get some coilovers and adj the height. just my 2cents.

cars coming along great man.

Alright, that big sticker is gone =) I like the new look

woo hoo rice begone! any way are you planing on getting a brand new turbo kit or are you going to piece one together? because theres a hiboost kit in the fs section with everything including a haltech stand alone for $1500 which is a hell of a deal id be all over it if i had the money and was going into that but im waiting for other stuff

Yeah I guess I never really thought about all the different suspension mods I could do other than lowering it, but right now suspension is the least of my worries. haha yep I guess the rice is gone, I'm actually considering debadging the rear of my car now with the exception of leaving the Protege5 badge on because there is some rust starting to bubble up under that one. And I was planning on going with the Speedcircuit T3/T4 turbo kit from protegegarage.com. And that is a hell of a deal, if I had the money right now I would be all over it.

It might be cheaper if you go through speed circut directly how much boost do you plan on running?

Well with a built engine I would like to run 10-12psi. That would be freakin sweet if I could it cheaper than at pg.com, they want $3500 for their kit

Really? Damn thats crazy! I'm new to this turbo stuff, I've never owned a turbo vehicle in my life and the only one I've ever driven was my friends A4 1.8T.

Do you atleast know about how to care for a turbo car? Maintnence will play a big role with how long it lasts. Are you going to turbo first and then forge a motor?

Back