wtf rear right ABS sensor?

JesseM

:
2003 Protege5
I've been avoiding replacing my rear-right ABS sensor due to $$ and the fact that I don't like ABS in general. On rockauto its the most expensive one of the 4 also, around $150, since it seems to be the one that fails for everyone.

But I just found one on ebay for $20?! http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Rear-Right-ABS-Wheel-Speed-Sensor-Fits-00-03-Protege-B25D4371YB-/380685803008?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58a2a45e00&vxp=mtr

The part # seems to be legit, looks like it'll work. I don't care if its cheap and craps out in a year, I need the light off so my wife can use the car to upgrade her license (gov won't let you use the car for drivers test with any dashboard light at all) can anyone here confirm for me please?

If u want to save money the sedan abs sensors are the same as the p5 ones and are 50 bucks. The only difference is the bolt hole is at a different angle than the p5 one. That being said it bolts right in with no issues. There are a couple of guys I know running sedan abs sensors with. I issues

P.s. I'm in Canada so prices will defer but sedan abs sensors are still much cheaper than p5 ones

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. What about the one I linked? Its only 20 bucks, just wondering if anyone has experience with that particular part since its so cheap. It says it'll fit an '03 protege5 but its so cheap I'm nervous to buy it.

Looks like the E-Bay one doesn't have the plug on the end,... You'll have to solder it or something,... I think it's worth the gamble. What about one off a junker ???

thanks, I totally missed that. Not a problem though, a little twisty twist will do it up.

The local salvage yard said they got rid of their proteges recently. Called them looking for a part few months ago.

For 20 bucks. Why not take the gamble ? But if u called the salvage yard a couple months ago I'd probably give em a call again. There's thousands of protgs that end up in the scrap yard every week so I don't see how after a couple months they wouldn't have atleast 1 protege....

Good point, I'll try again. The guy on the phone from the salvage yard sounded like he just didn't want to deal with me, so maybe he was making up s*** to get out of helping me. I was like what, no proteges? Like you said 1000s of them are becoming scrap-worthy as we speak so it didn't make sense.

Good point, I'll try again. The guy on the phone from the salvage yard sounded like he just didn't want to deal with me, so maybe he was making up s*** to get out of helping me. I was like what, no proteges? Like you said 1000s of them are becoming scrap-worthy as we speak so it didn't make sense.

Protege in NB that are still decent get shipped out of province by scrap yards for parts. My friends family owns one of the Freddy yards and only sees a few a year that are worth keeping around for parts, most just get crushed and sold as scrap. I would buy the 20$ sensor and make the OE plug work with it.

edit: other pics in the add also show a plug on the end of the wire.

Thanks guys, I'll try the $20 one and report back if it works, maybe it'll save some other folks a few dollars.

Back