Wtb- msp trans(2)

well.. i know i need at LEAST one.. i'm looking for 2. with differentials. my msp trans grinds 3rd. and i fear it won't last too long.. so this is a precaution. i'm willing to drive some distance to pick it up.

Looking for NO grinds, good condition. Would like to make payments if at all necessary.

Looking to spend 0-350.00 depending on mileage condition...etc. thank you so much!!

-damian.

pm or reply to this thread with pricing/location for pickup, or a shipped price to 21102.

I have a Brand New Tranny Might be availible in 2 weeks or so if I end up getting an Impreza

I have one with 50k on it that I've been keeping as a backup, but I'd only let it go for $550.

welded diff?? stock trans? upgraded gears?
Right now, it's a completely stock 2003 MSP G15M-R, never opened.

I can TIG weld the LSD and rebuild it for an additional $150 (including new locking nuts and axle seals).
I can also install new gears, bearings/races, synchros, speedo gear (for the LX), and cryotreat the gears and shift forks if you're interested.
The previous owner stated that it has never grinded or made any sounds so the bearing and sychro swap isn't required at the moment.

How much torque are you planning on building it for?

well i need 2 trans... basically.. the msp just has a probe trans or something like that. grinds 3rd occasionally...

the lx.. is a nother story.. i was gonna go with cryoed FULL gears. but the gtx 3/4 gears and nsn 5th... i dont really need to spend 150.00 on the lsd, cuz i'd be going with the m factory lsd eventually/immediately for the lx.

If it's just the occasional grind, I'd recommend switching over to GM synchromesh.
It'll add quite a bit of life to your syncho before it'll need to be swapped out.

I'd cryo your 2nd gear if you're going with the gtx/nsn gear swap. Shouldn't cost too much.
I've seen 3 MSP transmissions shred their 2nd gear and they were only putting down 180-200whp. Just a heads up.

(I'll have a Quaife LSD + cryo'd trans that I'll probably sell a month from now for $1500 if you need a built trans already pieced together. I'm not sure if I want to sell it just yet though.)

Last edited:
If it's just the occasional grind, I'd recommend switching over to GM synchromesh.
It'll add quite a bit of life to your syncho before it'll need to be swapped out.

I'd cryo your 2nd gear if you're going with the gtx/nsn gear swap. Shouldn't cost too much.
I've seen 3 MSP transmissions shred their 2nd gear and they were only putting down 180-200whp. Just a heads up.

+1 on syncromesh! I did it the other day and all my werid odd shifting issues went away! Even the ones that I had right after the trans rebuilt! Its so much easier to shift now.

(I'll have a Quaife LSD + cryo'd trans that I'll probably sell a month from now for $1500 if you need a built trans already pieced together. I'm not sure if I want to sell it just yet though.)

i'll check that stuff out.

1500.00 isn't horrible.. is it all stock trans cryo'd? or does it have different gearing?

if i do the cryos, it'll be the full set, i mean, why not. i shredded 3rd and 4th gear in my lx. when it was turboed.

i'll check that stuff out.

1500.00 isn't horrible.. is it all stock trans cryo'd? or does it have different gearing?

if i do the cryos, it'll be the full set, i mean, why not. i shredded 3rd and 4th gear in my lx. when it was turboed.

The gear set + housing is from a '02 LX. The (updated) shift forks are from an '03.5 MSP.
Sunbelt Motorsports made custom upgraded ramps for the LSD.
I installed the pink speedo ring gear, $200 ARP bolt kit, new ring gear, 2nd+3rd gear synchros, and new LSD bearings at 60k, currently has 79k on it.
The gears (excluding output shafts and reverse gear), shift forks, and reverse lockout plate were cryo'd.

Just the Quaife is worth $1500 new from Mazdaspeed Motorsports not including the bolt kit or ring gear.
Good thing is, it'll always be good as new (Quaife's lifetime warranty).

The gear set + housing is from a '02 LX. The (updated) shift forks are from an '03.5 MSP.
I installed the pink speedo ring gear, $200 ARP bolt kit, new ring gear, 2nd+3rd gear synchros, and new LSD bearings at 60k, currently has 79k on it.
The gears (excluding output shafts and reverse gear), shift forks, and reverse lockout plate were cryo'd.

Just the Quaife is worth $1500 new from Mazdaspeed Motorsports not including the bolt kit or ring gear.

im def interested. but at that price.. i'd need a payment plan...?

damn where were you a couple of months ago i just spent 3100 on parts for mine

Back