WTB: Callaway intake elbow

I'm going to be competing at some national SCCA events next season, and I might actually do well because the Mini Cooper-S is leaving my class. So I need to make sure my car is in 100% stock condition.

Looking to buy the Callaway intake elbow because the stock airbox I bought off of here didn't come with one (or if it did, it fell off). Contact me via PM, email at jasonofford@gmail.com, or phone at 585-223-5584.

why would that piece being missing make any difference? only a true MSP expert would notice it missing.

I'd send you mine, but I remember the exact place on the road where I saw it bouncing down the pavement behind me over a year ago.

These people take this crap way too seriously to take the chance. I'd rather not spend 100s of dollars and time competing to have some douche protest and have my results thrown out because of an intake elbow that does nothing. I mean, how much would that suck if I came in first and won contingency money, only to have it thrown out? The intake doesn't look right with the elbow missing, and I am willing to bet money someone would ask questions.

way too seriously indeed... if anyone who hadn't owned an MSP said anything i'd just look at em like they were retarded.

Yes, yes they do. I have heard some pretty ridiculous stories about protests in the past that have cost people contingency money, and hurt egos/reputations. When there's money on the line people forget it's a hobby and you're in it to have fun.

BTW ... Wisconsin rocks. I grew up in Milwaukee and went to Nicolet.

I'm in Rochester and should have my stock one available by the end of the week, just have to be not lazy and install my intake. I have no idea what these things are worth though. Let me know, I'd be happy to meet you somewhere, it would be cool to see another msp regardless.

This is why I need my car to be 100% stock before September next year:
http://sccaforums.com/forums/thread/377752.aspx

Four cars DQ'd because of a missing intake gasket. You think they won't notice that my intake looks "unfinished" without that elbow?

Any ways, thanks to ghaze24 for hooking me up. Nice to have another local MSP. Now there's a whopping TWO confirmed in Rochester. Not sure if the black one is still around, since he's not on the forum.

Back