Wiring Harness for Trailer instalation

Caspan

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
I was looking at installing my own trailer hitch which seems very simple according to this thread (link) but I was curious how hard the wiring harness would be. I called up my local dealership to ask and they were more then friendly to share the install instructions. He just warned me that their install is warranted of course and mine is not.

I hope this helps others with how to install their trailer wiring harness.

View attachment Trailer_Hitch_Harness_(CX5).pdf

Do you still have to do yours after installing the hitch? I am in Canada and I am curious if I can get a hitch cheaper then Mazda will sell it for after you consider shipping etc. They are selling the hitch for $380 plus $60 installed. $60 is not bad to have them install the hitch in my opinion. Just curious what you paid for yours with shipping because it is so heavy!

I do, I'm thinking this weekend to give it a go. I paid$202.02 for the hitch and wiring kit (shipping was free from AutoAnythingO), and given the effort for just the hitch install I'd charge twice that for the total install lol

Hey Caspan, FIRST, thanx for the PDF! That along with the pictures that go with it will work great... I'm pretty sure I'll end up with the stock Mazda type hitch but not sure yet where I'll get the best price. You have any ideas?

BTW, I work with a guy named Mark H. from Guelph. Our company is doing an install up at the McNeil plant there too.
Small world, eh? I used to live across the lake in Rochester years ago. I miss it sometimes.

Thanks pal

Yep I like Guelph, nice little town the seems to be 1 and a half hours from everything. Let us know how the install goes and if you have any pointers

I will be moving soon an will have a hitch added. If I add the wiring harness before I get the hitch, is this an issue as far as putting the harness through the hitch or does It just hang outside?

Back