Wire diagram for 2003 P5 Moonroof to install auto dimming mirror?

kitkit201

:
Protege5 Yellow
Hey guys!

Just got my P5 recently. I missed the auto dimming mirror of my past car and went to the junk yard today to salvage an auto dimming mirror / temp and compass item.

I figured with the moonroof and lights nearby, it should be relatively easy.

I have a Gntx-177 mirror and found this link for the mirror wiring diagram
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/compass-temp-auto-dim-mirror-swap-detailed-lots-o-pics-952705/

Does anyone have a layout of the wires for the moon roof and map lights section?

Woudl love to get that info and create a how-to for this feature (since i dont see anyone create one yet)

Graphic.gif

Thanks! Do u know if I can tie the the 12v+ line from the map lights to the dome light so when the dome lights turn on, the map lights turn on.. it's pretty dark inside ..

Did you get the wiring harness for the mirror from the junkyard? I bought one NIB and got the wiring harness with the temp sensor and everything. All there was to it was undoing the visor, hiding the wiring under the front edge of the headliner, pulling pillar cover off and fishing the wiring down to the fuse box area behind kick panel & running the temp sensor out to the front of the radiator support down near the fog on teh driver's side. It basically had a ground and pwr wire to hook up. I may even have the instructions that came with it still, I keep s*** like that. I'd have to look after work.

Last edited:
I got the harness from the junkyard as well. I thought I can tap the 12+v from the moonroof panel and map light. Also there is a ground Connection as Well I'll try it again today but maybe I didn't get a good ground or connection to test it.

Did u have a moonroof on your install? Also what did u use to secure the mirror? The default mount that it comes with is a little loose.

No moonroof on mine and I just used the same mount that was holding the other one. If you tapped into the moonroof then it may have needed key on but map light should be hot without key. You want something that comes on with car. Can't remember what I hooked into, may have been add-a-circuit off the cig lighter fuse.

Latest posts

Back