Windshield water catch loose

:
2018 CX-5 Sport
So when checking my oil cold and then hot (the reading was the same btw) I noticed that my water collection cowl was loose. I do not remember it being loose before. I took a picture of it from the last time I changed my oil, and today. A firm push made it click in place. Can a super hard downpour of rain caused it to become loose? I was in a downpour about a month ago.

CarPart.jpg

CarPart2.jpg

So when checking my oil cold and then hot (the reading was the same btw) I noticed that my water collection cowl was loose. I do not remember it being loose before. I took a picture of it from the last time I changed my oil, and today. A firm push made it click in place. Can a super hard downpour of rain caused it to become loose? I was in a downpour about a month ago.

View attachment 300539

View attachment 300540
It’s strange the cowl cover at the base of the windshield is getting loose like that. Have you ever had the windshield replaced before? If you did, the windshield installer might not put the cowl cover back properly and eventually it popped loose by itself.

Good to know another verification on oil level measurement: there’s almost no difference checking the oil level between hot and cold engines.

I never had the windshield replaced. When I got the car it only had 11 miles on it. It does seem like it must have been removed or partially installed by someone which really makes me scratch my head. The only service I got was the program update for CD. I wonder if the wind shield was replaced because of damage on the truck or something. I would have thought they would have to disclose that to me.

I looked at the lower driver's side of the windshield, below the other etched in markings, and it has a NSD number and a phone number. Do you guys have this on your windshield?

a phone number on the windshield?
what is nsd number?
Are those etched or stickers?

mine 2018.

Mine is a 2018 as well. It is below the etched numbers. My etched numbers look just like yours with different numbers, so now I am confident it hasn't been replaced. I would have been so annoyed if I found out that they replaced the glass and didn't tell me, selling the car as new.

yes its the oem glass.

the etching at the bottom on yours is dealer addon :) nothing to worry.
one of those 'security' addons that they profit on when selling new cars.
the digits are most likely your vin last digits.

You are absolutely right about the extra etching. I went through my paperwork and it had a document for NSD theft insurance. I was able to decline it. They got me for documentation and registration fee so I paid them okay for my car.

Latest posts

Back