Will Codes Come Back after Battery Disconnect ?

Dino1956

Question: Do codes come back after you disconnect battery, even if you Fix the problem. I know the code will still be in History, But if you fix the problem, then diconnect battery to shut off "Check Engine Light". Will the same code come back anyway since it was not cleared from the computer ? Thanks.

if u take off the negative cable...wait about 10min then put it back and turn the car on it will clear the code. If it comes back on the problem still exists.

patsfan4life said:
if u take off the negative cable...wait about 10min then put it back and turn the car on it will clear the code. If it comes back on the problem still exists.
and once again you answer another question. Thanks. That is good to know. When I spray the Throttle hole leading to EGR, that is what I will do. I guess if it comes back it didn't work. Thanks again. btw, my CEL came on today as soon as I hit a big bump. It probably would have come on anyway, It just seemed strange cause the second I hit the bump it came on.

yea let me know how that goes. I've gone almost 1000miles now since i did it and no CEL again **knock on wood** As for it coming on over a bump...was it a car rattling bump or a little one? My CEL has come on when i just look in that corner of the dash before so it might just be coinicidence. Nothing like looking down in that corner and the ligh pops on...like its saying hi. LOL

Back