why won;t it start

kli53

my mazda rx7 will not start
idrove it one day then the next it
just spins like a car witout plugs in it
and after a while it sound like it might
start it starts kicking but at first it just spins
help,mgh

its proabably flooded. take the plugs out, turn the key with the bottom 2 out for a couple seconds, you should hear consecutive swoosh sounds. u'll see a little smoke since theres probably alot of gas in there. once you do that put plugs back in the correct place and should start right up...

what you could also do is look for the gas line coming in, looking from the top it will be near the oil filter and will be the line on the left that you need. get a pair of plyers and clamp it down so no fuel gets in. have someone crank for you and as soon as u hear the car almost or about to start let it go and should turn on.

had an rx-7 before the protege5 was the biggest pain in the ass but is a badass car to drive.

actaully......if it cranks a couple times then starts clicking, the ground to the engine probably got loose.

You can make a ground wire and just attach it somewhere to your engine, then to your strut tower. This might work. It did for me when my car did this.

Reference this article....it is one of the best.

http://www.rx7.com/tech/unflood-fc.html

If you are lucky and have an 89-91 rx7, you can just floor the gas and crank the engine and this will usually get it going unless it is flooded really bad. I usually kept around a few quarts of ATF fluid just in case it was flooded bad.

why atf?

mazdadan said:
Reference this article....it is one of the best.

http://www.rx7.com/tech/unflood-fc.html

If you are lucky and have an 89-91 rx7, you can just floor the gas and crank the engine and this will usually get it going unless it is flooded really bad. I usually kept around a few quarts of ATF fluid just in case it was flooded bad.
what does the atf do?
also is it normal for the engine to sound like
an american car with a broken timing belt
that spinning sound like it has no comppression
cause as it keeps spinnning it sounds like it could start

The ATF helps break down carbon deposits on the rotors and rotor housings and helps the engine restore compression. Yes, it will sound like the engine has no compression, but will kick like it wants to start.

Word of warning...if you use the ATF, make sure your neighbors know, because it puts out huge amounts of smoke once the engine gets running again. A neighbor 2 streets over called the fire department when I had to unflood my engine.

i swapped exhaust's on my TII with somebody who had done the ATF treatment and hadn't completly burned off all the ATF. so my mechanic and i are driving down the road and he says, "Why are we smoking?" oh s*** being my response i pulled over, smelled the fumes and watched the smoke keep pouring out the racing beat exhaust and we quickly figured it out. it smoked like that for a good half hour or so. kinds felt bad for everybody behind us but oh wlel for them. the funniest was sitting in the KFC parking lot and seeing smoke coming out of the both mufflers while the car was parked.

If your cars flooded pull the fuse for the injectors and crank it for a little while then put the fuse back in. It should start right up after that. mazdadan did you use atf everytime your car would flood?

I would only use the ATF if it was flooded bad enough that pulling the EGI fuse would not fix the problem. The ATF goes in the holes where the leading plugs are (bottom two plugs).

Hey kli53 what year 7 do you have any way. On a side note it could be leaky injectors witch is common on rx-7's. Eventually all the constant pressure cuases them to leak. I dought it is though
if this only has happened once. If you went for a drive in your car how long of a drive was it, did the car warm all the way up before you shut it off?

Back