Who autocrosses and what's your setup?

chief_wiggum

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed3-2010 Mazda5 GT
I know there's at least a few of us on here. I don't do official SCCA events, but rather through a well-organized local car club, which for me is all the fun without the pressure. Anyway, I'm lowered on Eibach Prokits with Koni yellows and a Cobb RSB for suspension. For tires, I've relied on the stock Potenzas, which are pretty much stock. I plan to pick up some Hankook RS-3s which I'll mount on 17" Mazda3 rims in the very near future. I may eventually step up to SCCA events, but with my few engine bolt-ons, i'm sure I'd be moved into a class that I'd never be competitive in.

I'd be interested in what the rest of you guys are running. My first event is still 4 weeks away...which at this point seems like an eternity.

I run the car stock because I think it is a steal to qualify for the D Stock class. I've spent the last 2 years going just to enjoy it rather than competing with the hardcore so I was actually running Goodyear allseasons. Sidewalls were way too soft though because I had to pump the fronts up to the low-mid 40 psi range to keep from rubbing too bad. I had the rears even higher just so that I could coax the back end out without too much difficulty when needed.

This year I'll be throwing on a set of OZ Alleggerita HLTs wrapped in Kumho Ecsta XS tires. I have a set of the SenSen shocks on the way too (thanks Darth Vader) since the stockers are complete crap in the rear now. Haven't raced with this setup yet... hopefully wheelspin won't be too hard to control with the super light wheels on there now. I'll have to let you know how the car feels once I start running again in the spring.

i usually run around 40ish psi in the front and 38ish in the rear. I did a couple of events on my goodyear F1 allseason in size 225/40, they did surprisingly well for an allseason, probably because of the wider contact patch. let me know how your new setup goes.

Back