Which Springs for Lower?

speed3 britz

:
07 Mazdaspeed3, 93 B2600i 4x4
Ok I'm tossing around the idea of finally going lower now that I'm close to dropping the motor back in my truck and giving my car a rest and not driving it daily anymore. Anyways, I'm not going for "Slammed" however would like to go a little lower for a little more aggressive look. I'm prob going to stick with springs as opposed to coil-overs due to cost and not as rough ride. Question is what is a good spring to install that will retain a decent ride without being too stiff but also give a better look. H&R, Eibach, Tien, Road Magnet, Cobb, Corksport...etc? Even tho not being as much a daily driver, I still want some comfort. Once again NO Slam or Hellaflush, needs to still be Streetable/Functional with a mild stance with a little offset, nothing crazy. Gimme some input or opinions.

Thanks,
Alex

I have H&R + Koni Sports and I like it. So I'll toss in a vote for that combo.

I'll take/post some pictures later today.

I have H&R + Koni Sports and I like it. So I'll toss in a vote for that combo.

I'll take/post some pictures later today.

Beat ya to it..
IMG_7271.jpg

I've got Eibach Prokit and Koni Yellows -- not quite as much drop as the H&Rs. I really like the Eibachs, I find that it's a great compromise for daily driver and monthly autocross. Car is dirty, but supposed to rain tomorrow, no point in washing it today. sorry for mediocre cellphone pics, shadow makes it look a little higher than it is.

closeupyn.jpg

profilefr.jpg

Last edited:
With H&R at first your car will bounce like a basketball. You'll be like "WTF man". After a couple of weeks car will settle down. I'm on stock shocks and the ride is very comfortable.

A little bouncy, but after a year with them I feel like the spring rate is a little soft and I compensate for it with extra damping.

Back