Which Fortin remote start more suitable: EVO-MAZT1 or EVO ONE + Maz3 T harness

Need your great advice, friends. I just wanna start remotely, my Mazda CX-5 2020 with the original fob.That is the main function I care about.

With Fortin products, I have found two options as below:

1/ - Combo EVO-MAZT1 (Included EVO ALL + T harness)

2/ - EVO ONE unit + Maz3 T harness

Option 1 is cheaper.

Which option should I choose for my vehicle? Thank you for your help!

I’ve installed the evo-one on both my cx-5 and my wife’s cx-9. #2 gets my vote.

Easier install and programming, not too mention takeover with the evo-one. If you opt for evo-all, the engine will shut off when you open the door. With evo-one, it will remaining running and you simply just need to press start button to get going.

Easier install and programming, not too mention takeover with the evo-one. If you opt for evo-all, the engine will shut off when you open the door. With evo-one, it will remaining running and you simply just need to press start button to get going.
Quite understand enough. Thank you man!

Dear friend, I have one more question that really need your help with:

The Evo One bundle comes with a hood pin switch.Must I install this hood pin switch for a smooth system run? Can I ignore this feature?

Thank you.

Dear friend, I have one more question that really need your help with:

The Evo One bundle comes with a hood pin switch.Must I install this hood pin switch for a smooth system run? Can I ignore this feature?

Thank you.
You can ignore it. It is a safety feature that ensures the car can’t be started with the hood open. While I can’t speak to any local laws or legality/safety, I only put the sticker on my fuse panel that states there is a remote starter installed.

So, no, you do not need it for any functionality.

May someone know if this Fortin Evo One will work with Mazda CX8 (KG series), which is available at Australia, Japan, China and Vietnam markets ?
Thank you

The fortin remote starter are canadian made products, which means that it is unlikely to have been tested and certified on mazda cx-8 (model not available in North-America). The cx-8 most likely share the same components and programming as the Cx-5 and cx-9, so it might work but you likely won’t have any official support for the CX-8 if there are glitches and issues. You can always ask Fortin directly though, they have great customer support.

I would be surprised if it didn't work on the CX-8. All things the same, it works on every other Mazda.

Last edited:
Dear Bros, today I received the Evo One with T harmess. There is a Valet mode wire inside the box. Should I install this wire and what is the valet mode wire used for?Thank you

Don’t bother. That is if you want to turn off the remote start feature for car valets (basically they cannot use the fob sequence to remote start the car). It only allows lock and unlock button of doors

Do not lose the button though. If for some reason you ever need to factory reset the remote start portion of the evo-one, you’ll need it (even though you will likely never need to do that).

I want to highly suggest you get either the 3000 foot remote if yours didn't come with it, or the phone app start feature. They really are worth it.

Totally clear, my dear. Thank you!
Don’t bother. That is if you want to turn off the remote start feature for car valets (basically they cannot use the fob sequence to remote start the car). It only allows lock and unlock button of doors

Do not lose the button though. If for some reason you ever need to factory reset the remote start portion of the evo-one, you’ll need it (even though you will likely never need to do that).

May someone know if this Fortin Evo One will work with Mazda CX8 (KG series), which is available at Australia, Japan, China and Vietnam markets ?
Thank you
Hi Matheoken,

I'm new here but am interested in your question, I have a 2022 CX8 and am from Australia, and am considering purchasing the Fortin remote start.

Could I please ask if this worked successfully for the CX8?

Thank you,
Nathan

#2 for me too. My new CX five has the remote start from my cell phone but it’s only for a couple years so once it runs out I’ll be throwing in the Forten remote start.

Hi Matheoken,

I'm new here but am interested in your question, I have a 2022 CX8 and am from Australia, and am considering purchasing the Fortin remote start.

Could I please ask if this worked successfully for the CX8?

Thank you,
Nathan
Not enough people with CX-8 on this board. You might be the guinea pig but I’m pretty sure it’ll work fine for your car. You could always give them a call and ask them. worse comes to worse you could always return offer the seller, a cheaper deal if they’re not willing to do the return to be the guinea pig and make sure it works.

those that you mentioned are quality but much more difficult to install. Also, there’s lots of write ups and pictures on how to install the Fortnite one and it cost me under $40 versus the ones that you listed cost hundreds of dollars.

those that you mentioned are quality but much more difficult to install. Also, there’s lots of write ups and pictures on how to install the Fortnite one and it cost me under $40 versus the ones that you listed cost hundreds of dollars.
The ones I listed actually work and won't brick your PCM.

You've been warned.

The ones I listed actually work and won't brick your PCM.

You've been warned.
I’ve installed on multiple CX fives, And have not had an issue yet as long as you follow the directions properly, I’m sure there’s a small portion of people who do not know how to read, let alone plug-in and follow directions. And it would definitely suck to be without a car that starts not to mention how much it would cost the dealership to reprogram the ECM.

Back