Where is the thread on the new forum format?

Avoidin Deer

Zoom Zoom, baby
Contributor
:
Central Virginia
:
2019 CX-5 Reserve
I cannot find the thread (or group) discussing the new forum format.

Can someone direct me to it? (I feel so stupid asking).

I want to suggest that the "Edit" window be left open indefinitely (or at least for a much longer time), like the older format was, or at least throw it out there for comment.

The current window closes in a matter of hours, if that. There are times I've realized that I've unintentionally put bad info out there and at least like to go back & add comments so I don't misinform someone. I can't do that now.

It's likely currently set at the out-of-the-box default.

Thanks,

First of all, thanks for the heads up.

Here’s the current New Site thread...

As for the issue you reported...Let’s sort that here...Where is this happening exactly? In threads, conversations (PM) or..? Is it affecting only you or other Members as well?

Ps...Moving thread to Support Forum.

First of all, thanks for the heads up.

Here’s the current New Site thread...

As for the issue you reported...Let’s sort that here...Where is this happening exactly? In threads, conversations (PM) or..? Is it affecting only you or other Members as well?

Ps...Moving thread to Support Forum.
Thanks, Antoine.

I knew you'd be here to reply ;)

I'll continue this in the proper thread.

Are we posting in the right thread here..?

If I understand @Avoidin Deer correctly, the issue being discussed here is the time window for editing posts (messages).
You are correct.

I am looking for examples.

It's unlikely I was not logged in when I've had this, because I don't close my browser during the day so the cookies remain loaded.

Again, I'll put it where it belongs when I find it. But I'm sure I've gone back hours later and not been able to edit. I'll ping you directly if I see this again, since it looks like it's not due to forum settings.

This is a test post...There should not be a time limit to edit posts.
I went back to posts I made last October. I can edit them.

I'm certain that I had stuff that was only a few hours old and could not edit. I ran into it many times, not just once. I don't believe I was not logged in. But all users say that, huh? ;)

I'll let you know if it happens again, but it seems to be fine now.

I'll let you know if it happens again, but it seems to be fine now.

Good to know and thanks for the update...I just realized something, do you remember the specific thread / post in question? Was the post you were trying to edit super long (lots of text and pics)? There is currently an issue when trying to edit posts from the "Old Site" that are super long on this new platform.

Good to know and thanks for the update...I just realized something, do you remember the specific thread / post in question? Was the post you were trying to edit super long (lots of text and pics)? There is currently an issue when trying to edit posts from the "Old Site" that are super long on this new platform.

No, I thought this happened on relatively short new posts where I made an error and wanted to correct it...I thought.

The main thing I can think of is related to a behaviour when I draft a comment and do not submit it. The draft is always there when I come back to that thread, even after I closed my browser (there was one waiting for me when I logged on this morning). So maybe I saw a non-posted draft and thought it was an actual post...the Edit command would not be visible in such a case. But I'm pretty certain I had this issue with posted comments (more than once) that have been in the middle of a string of posts made by others (meaning definitely it was a posted comment).

The other thing that might have caused the Edit function to not be available would be my not being logged in. But this new forum always keeps me logged in until I closed my browser, and I never do that until I go to bed at night...it's open all day...so I'm logged in all day (once I've logged in the first time).

I saw someone say that the records are still indexing in the new database. Maybe records were briefly locked.

If others have not reported this, I'm guessing I must not have been logged in. Maybe I forgot to. Maybe I somehow got logged out. I can't recall any specific comments where I experienced this, and as I said, I've since gone back to stuff posted over a year ago and I can edit it. And all of the above is from recollections of what I think I experienced...it's not data gathered in a real-time mode so as to document this issue. Had I gathered specifics, I might have stumbled upon where I erred as I was doing so.

I appreciate your looking into this, Antoine.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Back