Poll What's the main reason you became a Mazdas247 Member?

What's the main reason you became a Mazdas247 Member?

• I had a Question, Answer or Comment

Votes: 49 36.3%
  • I was in the market for a Mazda

Votes: 22 16.3%
  • I wanted to Sell or Buy something

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Membership Benefits

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • My Friends are Members

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • To Learn about Mazdas

Votes: 64 47.4%
  • Community seems friendly, I like the "vibe"

Votes: 40 29.6%
  • I wanted to join a Community with Owners of the same model

Votes: 91 67.4%
  • Other (please post the reason in this thread)

Votes: 8 5.9%

• Total voters
I bought my '02 Protege5 in 2009 and then, after 2 years of spending way too much at the mechanics, I decided to join Mazdas247 to learn about my car and how to do my own maintenance.

I had to start with buying a computer, learning how to work it, then try to join the community.

I had a hard time with the skill-testing questions about Mazda to become a member.

I didn't know what city the Mazda factory was located in. Lol

I joined after I bought my 2002 Protege 5. 👍 It was the 1st new car that I ever owned and still the best surf mobile. I'd put 3 boards and 3 people in there no problem, getting almost 30mpg while out-cornering pretty much every wagon on the road. All for $16k.

I am the latest addition to this community, and I am here to know more about my Mazda CX-5.

Attachments

• 2013 Mazda CX-5.jpg
    2013 Mazda CX-5.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 404
Bought my 03.5 P5 new in jan 04 right when new 3s were on the floor. About 8k difference in price pushed me towards the P5 and glad it did. Still rollin in it.....occasionally. It lives in garage on a battery tender with tacoma and xb being dd but I see it and long to drive it just like when I got it. Joined the community for knowledge gained and shared, cool group buy items, parts source, ideas for my car, see what others do with theirs and comaraderie/entertainment. Have been on several other mazda forums but this is only one that has held my interest. Have received slack and fairness from mods and owner and appreciate the way it has been run.

I've been on Mazda6club since my 2nd gen MZ6 days, but found this forum when looking into adding paddle shifters to my new to me 2017 MZ6 Touring. The thread I found had the info I needed and I joined just to be able to say thank you. I like it here so it looks like I'll be hanging around. Looking forward to learning more and contributing a bit as well. Cheers!

Never joined a "car" forum before. Looking into trying a CUV. Always been a coupe or sedan for the daily driver. Have never owned a Mazda. Car and Driver's opinion of the CX-5 led me to investigate it. I have been lurking here off and on for a few weeks. Seems like a very cool board, decided to join.

Never joined a "car" forum before. Looking into trying a CUV. Always been a coupe or sedan for the daily driver. Have never owned a Mazda. Car and Driver's opinion of the CX-5 led me to investigate it. I have been lurking here off and on for a few weeks. Seems like a very cool board, decided to join.

Welcome, thanks for joining! Hope we'll see you in a Mazda soon (y)

I always find a forum for my car and have for a long time. Just landed here. :D

I joined because my 13’ Mazda 5 was my first Japanese car. I was astonished with the superior build quality. I also like to put my own flair on my vehicles.

Seemed like the most knowledgeable and friendly Mazda forum so signed up the same weekend IIRC that I bought my '15 CX-5 in summer of 2014. Hard to believe it will be 8 years old this summer... it has a 4/2014 build on it. The last Mazda we owned was my wife's '96 Protege LX (her first new car). We sold in '07 and replaced it with a new '07 G35x. The CX-5 replaced an '02 Maxima GLE we had also purchased new.

Personally I like the brand, it’s sorta a “underdog” compared to Japan’s big three. Last year my wife and I bought a new 3. Perhaps we will get her a rwd in-line six sedan if it comes to our shores.
Any car I own I always join a forum if I really like the car.
Mazdas in general is a company that has produced some autos that I would collect along side some domestic and German makers if I were truly wealthy lol, rotaries and their homologated rally cars.

I remember looking up information for a dtc on my P5 circa 2012, and the top hits from my search were all out of this forum. After finding my answer and surfing around a bit, it just felt right as the additional information i stumbled upon was sure to be helpful in the future. Also, there's just something about surrounding yourself with others who share in your, dare i say, obsession with these vehicles. From old to new and in between, the reasons why we either have the one Bseries truck or old 626 that just stays in the family forever. Or the Protege5 you bought when you didn't have a reliable vehicle for years, and after never letting you down you realized you'll never ever get rid of that car. One also can't help but comment on the upscaling that Mazda has done these recent generations of vehicles. IMO they've always been extremely well built and reliable, now they get to add a serious luxury note on their name. From their driving dynamics to what is now arguably one of the better vehicle interiors out there, they just tick all the boxes for not only myself but surely for many others. It also never stops being exciting when a new mazda owner chimes in about their recent purchase and the neverending surprises that their vehicles keep bringing.

This was an interesting journey on the way to OEM turbocharger comparisons. Interesting community you have here.

Not like this comes as any surprise. I posted a WTB and got a PM from a no post, registered that day, mail my friend at "address searchable with google" that turns up several scam hits, have I got a deal for you.

Look, most are aware that this happens every day to every WTB post but if I'm going to take up space here consider this my public service announcement as a thank you . :)

This was an interesting journey on the way to OEM turbocharger comparisons. Interesting community you have here.

Not like this comes as any surprise. I posted a WTB and got a PM from a no post, registered that day, mail my friend at "address searchable with google" that turns up several scam hits, have I got a deal for you.

Look, most are aware that this happens every day to every WTB post but if I'm going to take up space here consider this my public service announcement as a thank you . :)
Thanks for the feedback and PM reports @kopcicle, I deal with it (permanently ban account, remove messages, block email address) as soon as I see the report...Fortunately it doesn't seem to happen very often here and we have clear warnings regarding such messages (via a banner in all Classifieds' related Forums/Sub-Forums and when posting, a reminder regarding pics and not to use cash apps).

It does appear that they target specific listing titles/items. In your case, you might want to change your listing title (it may help) and if you're no longer looking for this item (or need this listing), I can remove it for you...Please let me know, thanks!

I was originally a member of two other, smaller Mazda forums way back in 2004, not long after I bought my Protege. I would occasionally check in on this forum, but it was intimidating and I honestly, at the time, was wary about joining. This was by far the biggest Mazda forum and as I am sure Antoine will attest, there was a LOT of flaming (as we called it back then). And a large forum needed a lot of moderators to keep people in check.
I didn't know anything about Mazdas at the time, other than the fact that my little Protege was the most fun car to drive I had ever owned. I was hooked. The depth of knowledge and the number of really great members far outweighed the weirdos and a$$holes and this was home to me.
Eventually, I also started doing group buys and became a vendor---HID headlights (lol, remember those?), GT Spec, and the usual bolt-ons mainly. The most popular item I ever sold was the Simota Carbon Fiber SRI for the Mazda 3. That and an MSP Turbo Manifold that ended up being mostly a disaster and put me out of business.
Anyway, I lost my beloved ES to years of Pittsburgh winters and donated it back in 2015 to Southern Poverty Law Center.
I'm back now with a 2022 CX30 and even though the times have changed, I have to say, it's nice to be here again.

Back