Poll What's the main reason you became a Mazdas247 Member?

What's the main reason you became a Mazdas247 Member?

• I had a Question, Answer or Comment

Votes: 49 35.8%
  • I was in the market for a Mazda

Votes: 22 16.1%
  • I wanted to Sell or Buy something

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Membership Benefits

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • My Friends are Members

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • To Learn about Mazdas

Votes: 65 47.4%
  • Community seems friendly, I like the "vibe"

Votes: 40 29.2%
  • I wanted to join a Community with Owners of the same model

Votes: 92 67.2%
  • Other (please post the reason in this thread)

Votes: 8 5.8%

• Total voters
I seem to be on the young side of this forum, but I joined a year or two ago because it seemed like the most active mazda forum. Others had more confusing layouts, and I think social media is an atrocious idea that thankfully I stopped using years ago. This forum has helped me a lot in terms of decisions, issues, and just feeling a sense of community. Not everyone on the road with a cx-5 is as in love with it as I, so it's nice to come to a place where others feel similarly. I also appreciate Antoine and sm1ke and such people checking around on all of the threads, it's nice to know that there are a couple of people dedicated to mazdas24/7.

I seem to be on the young side of this forum, but I joined a year or two ago because it seemed like the most active mazda forum. Others had more confusing layouts, and I think social media is an atrocious idea that thankfully I stopped using years ago. This forum has helped me a lot in terms of decisions, issues, and just feeling a sense of community. Not everyone on the road with a cx-5 is as in love with it as I, so it's nice to come to a place where others feel similarly. I also appreciate Antoine and sm1ke and such people checking around on all of the threads, it's nice to know that there are a couple of people dedicated to mazdas24/7.

Thanks, but it's more that just a couple of moderators and admins that take care of this place. You guys as a community are instrumental in keeping these forums going. There are a ton of current members who actively participate in threads and discussions, not to mention the wealth of info left behind by past members. :)

But I don't think you have to worry too much about wear-and-tear from this feature.
Absolutely not. To not even use the feature because of this? Madness.
2016 CX5, been remote starting my car every Winter for 8 winters. Replaced the battery at 6 years and it was showing no signs of failing. I just know that 6 is old age for a battery.

Does the engine really shut off like that after a remote start? I'd have thought it'd only do that when you park after driving and get out.

Either way: For what it's worth, auto stop/start has been around for a while now and the tech is pretty mature. All relevant parts of the car will have been specced accordingly (robust starter, high capacity battery, tough engine bearings, etc.). Also, the system's control logic includes conditions in which it won't auto-stop (e.g. battery charge below a certain level). Not trying to convince you it's a great feature; personally, I'd sooner do without it and save a few pounds from not having to have such robust equipment. But I don't think you have to worry too much about wear-and-tear from this feature.
I don't really care about that though, I rarely put over 30,000 miles on any daily drivers I have so other than oil, tires, etc. maintenance is not something I worry about. It's just the whole idea of it shutting off is dumb. If you could disable that, then it would be fine. I'm assuming you can't. And after 3 years you have to pay to use it? That's an insult, not to mention the horrible experience I had with the Mazda dealer where I bought it.

There was a woman on Reddit who said that the Mazda app has a zillion bells, whistles, and notifications for this, that, and everything else. I don't need any more complexity and noise in my life. Maybe they can all be disabled, don't know don't care.

I like the Mazda, it's a nice car, but it's just to get me from point "A" to point "B."

And after 3 years you have to pay to use it? That's an insult, not to mention the horrible experience I had with the Mazda dealer where I bought it.
The app on your phone, of course you have to pay for it. $60 a year. Well, that's what they quoted me in 2016. This is for their specific app version which runs on a cellular network. Someone has to pay for the cellular connection after the warranty. Mazda certainly isn't going to. No car company does. Every car company charges for this feature.
This is not what I have because I don't have the need. Mine is a 3rd party that uses radio signals. I 100% understand how useful this could be for someone though. With the cellular based app, you can start your car from anywhere in the country...or even the world. It's cellular.
I can hear you rolling your eyes...
Think about the person that works in a Downtown high rise and parks her/his car 5 city blocks away in a parking garage. I promise you, this is common. How nice he/she can start the car on those cold winter nights when it gets dark at 4:30...

I had an awesome experience at my dealer when I bought. THEY offered the 3rd party install before I even picked up the car.

was doing some research after having our CRV taken out by a stop sign violator. was given a cx5 rental for two weeks waiting for the insurance to decide what to do with our wrecked crv and liked it. test drove a new cx5 turbo and cx50 turbo and like the cx5's driving experience better than the 2023 CRV touring we test drove so we bought a cx5 turbo.

my first new mazda.....2003.5 Protege5 currently at 101k and chiilin in garage ready for action. ff 20yrs...wife's first new mazda.....2023 cx-5 eternal blue awd premium plus currently at 14 miles. came here long ago to find out stuff from others and share info with others......still hangin, same m.o.

Last edited:
I was here, mostly a lurker, 10 years ago with a 323C in France. Then sometimes a lurker with my Mazda6 and back here with a '10 CX-9 in Canada.

The app on your phone, of course you have to pay for it. $60 a year. Well, that's what they quoted me in 2016. This is for their specific app version which runs on a cellular network. Someone has to pay for the cellular connection after the warranty. Mazda certainly isn't going to. No car company does. Every car company charges for this feature.
This is not what I have because I don't have the need. Mine is a 3rd party that uses radio signals. I 100% understand how useful this could be for someone though. With the cellular based app, you can start your car from anywhere in the country...or even the world. It's cellular.
I can hear you rolling your eyes...
Think about the person that works in a Downtown high rise and parks her/his car 5 city blocks away in a parking garage. I promise you, this is common. How nice he/she can start the car on those cold winter nights when it gets dark at 4:30...

I had an awesome experience at my dealer when I bought. THEY offered the 3rd party install before I even picked up the car.

I live on a dirt road in a very rural area, never lock it, don't care about all the security nannies. All I want is to be able to start the car ahead of time in the winter from inside the house.

I landed here when looking into the delayed release CX-70.

I'm reading material in the various forums here, particularly the CX-90, to learn about potential items to watch for when the 70 does get released. I'd expect the normal year 1 90 glitches uncovered will be tweaked by the time the 70 does come out.

Please let us know via the Poll and this thread, everyone's feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

* You can choose up to 3 reasons.
I was not even aware of the existence of the Mazda 247 forum until looking for some info on a newer model I had back in 2010-- so 14 years in here . I think is great that so many people are collaborating to help each other, and enriching the ownership experience. MY hat is off to the people ( Antoine )? who started it and keep it going.
I joined because I needed repair support and had some knowledge which I hope may have helped others. The depth of passion and knowledge is infinite.
When I had my first few Mazda's there was no internet ! Mazda's were little known cars, and around 1978 the RX-7 got big attention because the 0-60 wars were on and the rx-7 was a rocket back in the day. - Its great to see how far they.ve come. Thank You to the Founders and participants !

Attachments

• 703B5A0A-0B3B-46D5-A1C7-316BA7C36DFE.jpeg
    703B5A0A-0B3B-46D5-A1C7-316BA7C36DFE.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Side note…Love the Mazda Memories discussion here but let’s keep threads on topic please…Moved those posts here:)

I am coming to Mazda after many years of owning SAABs and being active on SAAB forums. Great to have access to the resources and expertise as well as connect with people passionate about their vehicles as I tend to be.

Last edited:
I joined because I just picked up a new to me 2021 CX-9 after enjoying my 2015 CX-5 so much. I know how valuable the knowledge is from forums like this! Repair costs aren't getting any cheaper so I want to do as much of my own work as possible. ESPECIALLY the routine maintenance stuff.

If I'm running into something, it's likely someone else already has too and knows what to do about it!

If that 2 is a stick - its worth its weight in gold -- totally overlooked car - poor sales , but unreplaceable gem - handles awesome with alloys & good rubber
Agreed. Unfortunately there was no racing this winter so I've been using the 2 and it's awesome. Going to get rid of the 21 3 since it's worth money and I don't need 4 cars. It's a stick and having fun working on it. I’m grinning from ear to ear.

Back