What will happen if I disconnect the battery for one minute?

:
2020 CX5 Signature
I have a two-month old 2020 CX-5 Signature and wish to put anti-corrosion felt pads on the battery terminals. What will happen when I disconnect the battery for one minute?

Will I lose all my infotainment stations?
Will my seat memories be lost?
Anything else I should be aware of?

Your auto windows up function will have to be reprogrammed.
I believe it’s roll down window, then up holding the switch for 3 seconds after it reaches the top, and same for each window.
Correct on losing radio programming.

An interesting solution and a possibility. I wonder if I can jury-rig something up from parts I have at home.

I just changed the battery in my 2017 GS. Maybe it’s different, but I didn’t lose any presets, favorites, but I did have to readjust my sound settings such as bass, treble, etc. also, my lift gate, which was open while I changed the battery would not go down. I had to close it manually. It still wouldn’t open or close with the FOB, the interior switch, or the opener on the hatch itself. After I restarted the car and drove for a few minutes, it worked fine. I haven’t tried the auto window up yet. I’ll check that tomorrow.

An interesting solution and a possibility. I wonder if I can jury-rig something up from parts I have at home.
If you have a jump start battery, often they come with an adapter to charge the battery using a car's 12V socket. Sometimes that is a cable that has a male 12V plug on each end, used with a jump start battery that has a 12V socket. I have another jump starter that has a male 12V cable that can be used in either an input or output connector on the battery.

Just make sure that you connect the battery to a 12V socket that is live when the ignition is off. On our CX-5's, I believe that is the one in center storage.

Back