what size?

controlo

:
'07 Mazdaspeed3 Sport, Sunlight Silver
alright, i'm about to pull the plug on some enkei rpf1's but am unsure what size would work best. what do you guys think?

stock suspension:

17x7.5 +48
17x8 +45
17x9 +45
18x7.5 +48

i've seen some pictures of 17x9 +45 with 235/40/17 on both stock and lowered car. looks good. i may end up lowering the car but i've never had fenders rolled on any of my cars so i don't know anything about it. it seems like a pain in the ass/expensive... i'm almost convinced that they wont rub, but i'm unsure. 17x8 might look pretty good too but maybe not as flush? idk, i'm having a hard time making a decision. (uhm)

wheel/tire experts, chime in.

i also still like the enkei ekm3's (puts on wheel snob defense mechanism). they're cheap and look good but they're heavy.

Im having the same issue as you... Can't decide. I think what I will end up going with is a 17x8 +45 Enkei RPF1's with a 225/45 tire. If I rub, I'll roll them, and if not great.

^^^ haha, yea. i saw your thread. i've seen 3 different cars with 17x9's, 235/40/17 and stock suspension with no rubbing at all. just not sure if i need that beefy of a setup.

if you get 18x8 soon, post up with some pics so i can see how they look. the 17x9's are backordered until mid-august at vivid.

I recently bought new wheels & tires, went thru a similar thought process. But using the tire size calculator over at miata.net, it looked like I'd need to go either way too wide or way too tall to make 17's keep the speedo accurate. I know a lot of people don't give a damn about that, but I wanted to keep it as close as possible.

As much as I wanted to drop to 17's for weight improvements, I ended up going with 18x7.5's, but a different wheel than yours, with a +43. 3-4 days in, no rubbing yet, and the speedo is off by 1.4% on 225/45/18's, leaving me driving about 1mph faster when it reads 70mph.

alright, i'm about to pull the plug on some enkei rpf1's but am unsure what size would work best. what do you guys think?

stock suspension:

17x7.5 +48
17x8 +45
17x9 +45
18x7.5 +48

i've seen some pictures of 17x9 +45 with 235/40/17 on both stock and lowered car. looks good. i may end up lowering the car but i've never had fenders rolled on any of my cars so i don't know anything about it. it seems like a pain in the ass/expensive... i'm almost convinced that they wont rub, but i'm unsure. 17x8 might look pretty good too but maybe not as flush? idk, i'm having a hard time making a decision. (uhm)

wheel/tire experts, chime in.

i also still like the enkei ekm3's (puts on wheel snob defense mechanism). they're cheap and look good but they're heavy.

Go with the 18x7.5 +48, great fit. Plus if you want to lower your car, it still fits fine.
Great price here http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?wheelbrand=Enkei&wheelmodel=RPF1 $40 a wheel cheaper than TireRack has them listed for.

(dance)

^^^ haha, yea. i saw your thread. i've seen 3 different cars with 17x9's, 235/40/17 and stock suspension with no rubbing at all. just not sure if i need that beefy of a setup.

if you get 18x8 soon, post up with some pics so i can see how they look. the 17x9's are backordered until mid-august at vivid.

I've got a set of Tenzo-R DC-5's that are 18x8 +45 that fit fine. They do have the stock 215/45's on there but there is a huge wheel gap so I could go with a larger tire. I'm looking to get a deal on a set of tires which will influence my decision on wheels. So it could be 17x8 +45 or 18x7.5 +48.

I would recommend the 17x9 as it looks really good on our cars. The spokes on the 17x9 are kind set pretty deep in rim giving you with a slightly deep lip. The spokes on the 18x7.5 are pushed outward though and doesnt look as good as the 17x9. I was planning on getting RPF1's as well but didnt like the look of the 18" but couldnt go 17x9 since i just bought new 18" tires. I went with enkei rs+m's which is weighs about the same as the rpf1's and made similar as well through the mat process.

18x7.5 +48

17x9

Attachments

• 17x9.jpg
    17x9.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Back