What routine maintenance have you done to your CX9/ties into my 30k/60k interval

sbmrinaldi

:
07 CX9 Grand Touring FWD
I am still looking into maintenance on my wife's CX9 and was going to follow the manual. I originally was thinking the 60K service like the dealer suggests, but the replies to my earlier post had me re-think that logic. I plan on keeping the car and have had it since new. Currently has 51k on it and nothing has been done for routine other than oil changes by me and cabin and air filter replacement.

I was going to do services based on the manual but really is not much they suggest I do other than;

change the fuel filter
change the brake fluid
spark plugs
inspect hoses, etc
lubricate hinges and locks

The above is all it shows in the manual to do for routine maintenance. I do not have an AWD so I doubt differential fluid is an issue for me. I have towed a light trailer across country once to move. Any other suggestions? I don't want to waste money, but want to make sure I try to take care of what is necessary.

I agree with fuel filter and brake fluid.
You may also consider a radiator flush being that you are in Arizona i.e. hot weather.
I like the Bosch platinum plugs... if those can be used in our cars.
You might consider changing the trans fluid, expensive as it is.

I just moved to AZ less than a year ago and have only been through one hot summer. So I am not sure it warrants it yet. Plus the radiator fluid is the "FL22" which if I recall does not get changed according to the manual.

Back