What new Mazda reveal at 2019 NY autoshow?

Yup seems like the announcement is skyactiv-D

attachment.php

Attachments

• skyactiv-d.jpg
    skyactiv-d.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 734
Diesel? Hmm interesting ripple effect towards VW diesel fans I guess.

At first, I thought they were going to unveil either a new model that debuts the Skyactiv X engine, or an existing model refresh with the Skyactiv X engine available. I'm 99% sure the photo is of a CX-5 rear since the inner tail light doesn't feature the chrome bar like it does on the CX-9.

But I played with the levels and contrast myself and it does look like a D.

attachment.php

D for disappointed. lol

It better be something special when you can buy a CX5 Turbo without any issues like the diesels have that takes cheaper fuel...

At first, I thought they were going to unveil either a new model that debuts the Skyactiv X engine, or an existing model refresh with the Skyactiv X engine available. I'm 99% sure the photo is of a CX-5 rear since the inner tail light doesn't feature the chrome bar like it does on the CX-9.

But I played with the levels and contrast myself and it does look like a D.

D for disappointed. lol

yup i did the same thing above, i thought it would be an announcement for their hybrid electric system.
let's see what the diesel engine offers.

Going to be really surprised if it ends up being the Skyactiv-D.

A day late and a dollar short???

"D" for dud. I don't see the demand for diesel, in fact it's tough to even find the fuel around these parts and when you do it's almost a $1.00 more per gallon.

40mpg and the torque of the 2.5T is nice offer but diesel on the US market...and after the VW dieselgate...hmm...that will be interesting to see how it would play.

I'd be more interested in hearing if they fixed their current issues with the Skyactiv-D if this does indeed end up being the diesel.

Going to be really surprised if it ends up being the Skyactiv-D.

A day late and a dollar short???

"D" for dud. I don't see the demand for diesel, in fact it's tough to even find the fuel around these parts and when you do it's almost a $1.00 more per gallon.

40mpg and the torque of the 2.5T is nice offer but diesel on the US market...and after the VW dieselgate...hmm...that will be interesting to see how it would play.

It definitely won't be popular, but its Mazda's only solution for those who want better mileage. Mazda has officially stated in at least one article that they have no plans to abandon the ICE. The diesel offering is likely just to get something on the market and deliver what they promised in 2016, while buying themselves some time to figure everything out with Skyactiv-X.

Unfortunately its looking more and more like electric vehicles will be the future, it's just a matter of time.

No, the MPG on US version CX-5 with SkyActiv-D 2.2L diesel is far worse than 40 mpg on the highway based on already announced EPA fuel economy ratings!

attachment.php

IMG_0511.PNG

For those that have done the Mazda Insider surveys, did you noticed how they were heavily focused on diesel and its "premium" appeal.

Back