What is your mileage and how reliable has your CX9 been? We have an 07 w/45k

sbmrinaldi

:
07 CX9 Grand Touring FWD
and so far only a couple issues within the warranty period. I am curious to know as people rack up the mileage how the CX9 is going to hold up. I am currently in the market for another vehicle for myself. I lost my job and had a company car for the past 10 years. I plan on buying a Montero Limited with 90k on it and hate the thought of another poor fuel economy vehicle but the price is right and they have fantastic reviews for reliability. I have seen many at almost 200,000 miles which is a good sign.

If I buy the Montero Limited I may start driving my wife's CX9 for work (hoping to land job next week). The distance daily is horrendous (100 mile round trip) but I would consider driving the CX9 since it is better on fuel. My concern is two fold; first I hate to put the mileage on the car not knowing how reliable the 9 will be as the mileage climbs. Secondly the car will be paid for next month and I hate to drive the value down even faster.

So my main question is what is your mileage and how reliable has your CX9 been? Has anyone exceeded 100k yet on their 9? Again, we are at 45k and have only replaced the tires so far and actually only 2 of them.

38k. Door trim tsb, front brakes replace rotors & pads, bleed, replaced fan relays because I had the max fan issue, parking/running tiny bulbs were both blown by 32k miles. Not a whole lot has gone wrong relatively speaking.

I drove mine about 140 miles a couple times a week and it did great and ive had no issues but ive since moved and no longer have to cummute that far but if it gets the better gas milege i would recomend driving it just based on comfort alone.

I have 49k mi on my 07 and have recently replaced all 4 tires w/ Paradas due to the original Bridgestones cracking and nearing the ware-bars. One tie-rod was replaced at ~28k mi and yesterday a second tie-rod was replaced along with front brake pads & rotors re-surfaced.

Small things it still needs are replacement resistor to repair occasional malfunctioning A/C fan, new wipers and small rust repair on tailgate.

Otherwise it has been reliable for our 3 years of ownership.

07 with 60K. Replaced driver side door switch control module, front passenger air blender motor, tires with pirelli scorpions, all four rotors and pads with centric at 35K, door stop control arms under TSB, and finally a/c fan relays.

Back