What is wrong with my air intake filter? 2006 Mazda5

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum.

I have a 2006 Mazda 5 and since the last time it was in the workshop I have noticed that the engine air filter vibrates a lot. Looking at it closely, it seems to be missing some anchor point. I've been searching the internet for days but can't find how it's supposed to be attached. Could someone with a similar model give me a hand?

In the 2nd gen there seems to be a white plastic piece that holds it, but in my case there isn't even a hole to screw it in, so I don't think that's the case in the 1st gen.

1675355627691.png

I don't have a Mazda5, but at the 3-4 second mark of your video, at the bottom you can see that there's a hole there that rests on a metal piece. Looks like there's a bolt missing there. If you've misplaced the bolt, you can always thread a ziptie through the hole and tighten it for a quick fix.

I don't have a Mazda5, but at the 3-4 second mark of your video, at the bottom you can see that there's a hole there that rests on a metal piece. Looks like there's a bolt missing there. If you've misplaced the bolt, you can always thread a ziptie through the hole and tighten it for a quick fix.
Alternatively I've heard they have self threading plastic screws. As this is not an area where automotive graded bolts are needed since it's merely holding the filter case, a plastic screws might be an option. I'm interested to try them myself.

That's what I would've expected, but there is no hole in either the rubber gasket nor the sheet metal underneath.

DSC_5237.JPG

DSC_5239.JPG

Moreover, the rubber part has a conical shape and seems to be made to rest on the sheet metal and cushion the vibrations.

DSC_5240.JPG

Alternatively I've heard they have self threading plastic screws. As this is not an area where automotive graded bolts are needed since it's merely holding the filter case, a plastic screws might be an option. I'm interested to try them myself.
But where would be those screws located at?

You are missing a rubber band part that looks like a muffler support but is used to strap the upper portion with curvature to the lower part with curvature. Picture in this link.

Back