What is a Grand Select CX-5?

:
23 CX-5 Premium
It's been a while since I visited the Mazda web site and I must say it's not nearly as user friendly as it used to be! When looking at various trim levels on the CX-5, there doesn't appear to be any way to compare them feature for feature. I was surprised to see the addition of Grand Select, but short of scrutinizing the feature list of it and the Grand Touring, I have no way of knowing what the specific differences are. Can someone who has shopped the line recently please enlighten me?

I have this - sort of. It's a GT without the tech package.

I have this - sort of. It's a GT without the tech package.

(uhm) the base GT does come with forward collision warning with emergency braking (Smart Brake Support), adaptive cruise control, automatic high beams and lane departure warning with lane-keeping assist unlike this Grand Select

(uhm) the base GT does come with forward collision warning with emergency braking (Smart Brake Support), adaptive cruise control, automatic high beams and lane departure warning with lane-keeping assist unlike this Grand Select

In years past all that was part of an optional tech package.

Over here SCBS, BSM & Rear view mirror with auto dimming function was part of safety pack option on lower grades.

BSM was/is standard on all trims here. Which is good, visibility ain't great!

BSM was/is standard on all trims here. Which is good, visibility ain't great!

I find the blind spot on my '17 is worse than it was on my '13. The BSM seems to chirp even when the cars are further back in the lane next to you. That being said, the other day I put on my signal to change lanes, the BSM chirped at me, so I double checked again, and saw nothing there, so made the lane change anyway, then next thing I know I have some crack head in a s*** box car screaming at me that I almost killed her....so who knows, but now since then I've been checking the blind spot like 3-4 before I actually change lanes.

I find the blind spot on my '17 is worse than it was on my '13. The BSM seems to chirp even when the cars are further back in the lane next to you. That being said, the other day I put on my signal to change lanes, the BSM chirped at me, so I double checked again, and saw nothing there, so made the lane change anyway, then next thing I know I have some crack head in a s*** box car screaming at me that I almost killed her....so who knows, but now since then I've been checking the blind spot like 3-4 before I actually change lanes.

Probably made it more sensitive now to basically cover themselves (Mazda) in case something happens

This is the equipment included in the price of the GS that is part of the Touring Preferred Equipment package:
Mazda Navigation System
Bose 10-speaker audio system with Centerpoint2 and AudioPilot2
Auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink
Auto on/off headlights -- auto-off is standard on Touring
Rain-sensing variable-intermittent windshield wipers
Power sliding-glass moonroof with one-touch-open feature and interior sunshade
Power liftgate

LED Fog Lights are available as an extra at $400 on the Touring, standard on GS.

This is the stuff that's exclusive to the GS and up, and what you're paying $2000 for:
SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 4-month trial subscription
LED Signature Daytime Running Lights
LED Signature combination taillights
Adaptive Front-lighting System
Body-colored heated power side mirrors with integrated turn signals -- only the heating is exclusive
19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels with P225/55 R19 all-season tires
8-way power driver's seat with power lumbar support
Leather-trimmed seats

Back