What have you done to your P5 today?

ah ok, great explanation mazdaspeeder, thanks
im rebuilding the engine soon anywho but i figured if i ever had to replace the coolant i should know how lol

Put in some Royal Purple tranny fluid today and cleaned the car up abit.Oh yea car is For sale come's with turbo kit.

Last edited:
washed it last night, drove it around this morning and when i cane back to my apartment i saw a bunch of oily spots on the rear of my car, saw those when i washed my car too

anybody know what they are from? i just switched from 10W30 to 5W30 and my car has 205K miles so maybe thats it? and its been pretty cold lately so maybe im buring oil on startup?

I have been looking at my P5 pictures(that is all I have to remember of it), wondering what it would be like if I had put a turbo in it! (shrug)

Converted the Injen CAI into a short ram today. It's not perfect (I have the filter straight on the MAF right now, but once I get a new coupler I can put a short amount of pipe past the MAF followed by the filter.

Not really, sounds the same as a regular short ram.

How worried should I be about leaving the air meter sensor unplugged? Is there any reason to be concerned?

Your maf is unplugged? Assuming its still actually running (in most cases it shouldn't but wouldn't be the first time I have seen a protege run on an unplugged maf) then its going to run in limp open loop mode. Meaning your going to have crap for power and its going to run pig rich. I suggest figuring out a way to plug it back in until you get the correct parts for your intake.

Back