What have you done to your P5 today?

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
9UnvOKb.jpg

Took a relaxing drive around the island today.. the P5 is starting to handle like my old miata, it won't ever get to the point but its getting pretty close lol.

Wish I could take a relaxing drive around the island...but I dont live on an island

Just sold my GT Spec rear strut bar last night. 😖
Hated to sell but I need money. I miss it already. Still have rear reinforced panel and v-brace though.

Riot_Polizei

Comp Engineering Student
:
2002 Mazda Protege5
I wish these GT Spec parts were still available. Can't find them anywhere, and I'd stand to benefit from them for time attack

:
2003 Mazda protege5
did a muffler delete for a magnaflow also some emblem mods (evil m)(painted the rear emblems black) now trying to find time to do my brakes and clutch

:
03 p5, 92 miata
I got mine back on the road finally. New waterpump and timing belt installed, along with yet another new rear caliper since they love to freeze up in New England. 241k miles and still slowly climbing up

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Put my winter wheels/tires on yesterday.

Looking for lug nut recommendations, just removed the ones I bought this summer and went back to the autozone spline nuts. Very disappointed with the Muteki set I bought just a few months ago..

Katya4me

Autox Junkie
:
Laser Blue '03 P5
Installed the wiring for heated seats and put the heaters in the driver's seat.

Installing under the seat cover:
cache.php

Seat done:
cache.php

Wiring install:
cache.php

Controller, still needs a final location:
cache.php

Breeegz

Looking for John Connor
Contributor
:
2003 Protege 5 -- 2016 Ford Expedition
Installed the wiring for heated seats and put the heaters in the driver's seat.

Installing under the seat cover:

Seat done:

Wiring install

Controller, still needs a final location:

where did you get the controller and heater? That looks like a cool project.

:
02 Mazda P5
Not p5 related but...mp3 related

so last monday i was taking my girls to school in the morning, when some lady hit me on the right side quarter spun us a 180. Damage was mid/lower right quarter, tail lamp and pushed in the wheel from the top. So i think she just bent the strut inwards. Got word from the insurance and it was the lady's fault but my car is a total loss. Will be buying back to see if i can get it fixed so i won't send another mp3 to the scrapper.

:
03 p5, 92 miata
finally after 9+ years of ownership I disabled the clutch to start switch so I dont need to get in the car at all to warm it up on the cold days, or when clearing snow off of it. 1 minute job which took 9 years!

pcb

The Diagram Dude
:
2002 MP5
finally after 9+ years of ownership I disabled the clutch to start switch so I dont need to get in the car at all to warm it up on the cold days, or when clearing snow off of it. 1 minute job which took 9 years!

That might not work..
The ECU needs to know when the clutch is pressed to send the car to idle.
The cruise control needs to know too so it can disengage when the clutch is pressed.

You will probably pop a code.

You could put a switch somewhere that turns the clutch switch on and off... Just flip the switch when you get in and drive off.

Breeegz

Looking for John Connor
Contributor
:
2003 Protege 5 -- 2016 Ford Expedition
You could put a switch somewhere that turns the clutch switch on and off... Just flip the switch when you get in and drive off.

I've been pondering uses for a red guarded switch, maybe this is the winner..

pcb

The Diagram Dude
:
2002 MP5
But... If you forget to put the car in neutral and start it, it'll end up on your neighbors front lawn.